HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary:
Assistant Vice President te - Derivatives Trading Operations Job Duties:
The Derivatives Trading Operations Team is responsible for managing the operations for the trading of futures and options on various underlying assets or indices such as equity indices, equities, currency, interest rate and fixed income products, and developing the rules and policies for derivatives market trading. It operates and monitors the derivatives trading system and operations, and ensures that the trading environment is transparent, fair, orderly and efficient according to the relevant rules and regulations established by the exchange. Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth trading operations of the derivatives market by managing operational risks, providing services to Exchange Participants, and dealing with exceptional cases and contingency situations.
- Ensure the trading activities are in compliance with the relevant regulations, rules and operational procedures.
- Plan, coordinate and execute projects, including system enhancements, market microstructure improvement, implementation of new products and review of rules, policies and procedures.
- Streamline and automate workflows, identify potential risks and implement mitigation plans.
- Develop and review operating procedures and contingency plans.
- Keep abreast of the latest international trends in derivatives market development.
- University Degree, preferably in Finance, Economics or related disciplines;
- Good understanding of the derivatives products, market practices and the trading platform;
- Sound knowledge of the derivatives market operations and regulations;
- At least 5 years' relevant experience, of which at least 2 years at the management level of well-established financial organizations;
- Good communication and problem solving skills;
- Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese, proficiency in Putonghua an advantage;
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint, visual basic programming an advantage;
- Less experienced candidates will be considered as Associate.
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.