HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary: Job Duties: Job Responsibilities:
Day-to-day operations and reporting
- Work in a team of around 10 to cover day-to-day risk related operations in derivatives market in accordance with established rules, policies and procedures (e.g. margin call, risk parameter review, default fund review)
- Be a senior teammate in the team to supervise junior teammates
- Prepare regular and ad hoc statistical and analysis reports to management and regulators
- Handle exceptions and contingency situations with proper escalation to team head
- Review and streamline workflows, identify potential risks and implement mitigation plans
Night shift operations
- Be a sub-team lead to cover night shift operations in respect of risk control function in derivatives market
- Key responsibilities include (i) ensuring smooth and timely operations at night shift; and (ii) being the key person to handle exceptions with other business units during AHT session
New business initiatives or new/enhanced risk policies
- Be a subject matter expert in risk control function to work with other teams for implementation of new initiatives in derivatives market
- Key responsibilities include assessing operational feasibility, enhancing internal operational procedures and workflows for implementation of new initiatives (including conducting user acceptance test as appropriate)
- University Degree, preferably in Risk Management / Finance / Economics or related disciplines
- Holder of relevant professional qualification, preferably FRM or CFA
- Sound knowledge of derivatives market operations and regulations
- Preferably at least 6 years' relevant experience, in well-established financial organizations
- Good analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Access; Macros and VBA an advantage
- Good common of written and spoken English and Chinese; proficiency in Putonghua an advantage
- Shift duties required, including shift duty until 11p.m. and during weekday holiday by rotation
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.