We're home to Asia's most dynamic and vibrant capital markets.
Connecting capital, ideas, inspiration and innovation for deeper, more diverse and liquid global capital markets; providing greater choice and opportunity for our customers, each and every day.
HKEX is a purpose-driven company. Our commitment to the long-term development of our business and our markets is articulated in our purpose: "To Connect, Promote and Progress our Markets and the Communities they support for the prosperity of all." Job Summary:
HKEX is looking for experienced, meticulous and motivated professionals to join the Business Management Team. The Business Manager is a dynamic role responsible for contributing to business strategy, data analysis and reporting, budget and expense management, project management, risk and controls, and other areas that ensure the organisation runs smoothly and effectively. Job Duties: The Business Manager reports to the Finance Division but will also be aligned to a specific business division within the organization, playing a vital role in ensuring the resourcing and delivery of divisional initiatives align with the overall strategic imperatives of the Group. Act as a trusted partner to business divisions and provide enablers to facilitate better decision making in support of firmwide and divisional strategic and financial objectives Provide useful business analysis and reporting to drive financial discipline within business divisions Effectively measure, evaluate and communicate the success and impact of business divisions in a strategic and analytical manner, leveraging data analytics, scorecards and reports. Professionally manage strategic projects and initiatives that involve robust coordination and alignment across various functions and channels Act as the "1.5 line of defense", ensuring sound business practices and compliance to policies Responsibilities:
The Business Manager will be evaluated based on:
- Act as a trusted partner to business divisions to drive and execute key strategic initiatives and leadership team agendas
- Maintain strong financial discipline within business divisions, working closely with Management Reporting - i.e. budgeting & forecasting, project capex/opex tracking etc.
- Contribute to the decision making process of business divisions through providing value-add financial analysis - e.g. trends analysis, resource planning, client analytics - and making recommendations to senior management
- Work with business divisions to develop and track measurable key performance metrics and effectively evaluate and communicate success and impact, in order to facilitate better resource management and ensure alignment to firmwide imperatives
- Manage the Group's quarterly business review process and assist in the development and production of executive level dashboards as well as other required financial reporting and analysis
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders across the Group to deliver firmwide initiatives, facilitate information flow and realise cross-divisional synergies
- Monitor compliance to policies and procedures, track and facilitate remediation of outstanding divisional risk and audit issues, and facilitate communication flow between first and second/third line functions
- Support other divisional initiatives as needed - e.g. talent development and people initiatives, strategic offsite, real estate and facilities planning
- Contribution to the fulfillment of Business Management Team's targets and objectives through the delivery of "core responsibilities"
- Contribution in assisting business divisions manage operational matters, from resource planning, budgeting, to ensuring alignment with the objectives of the Group
- "Customer" and stakeholder satisfaction; ability to understand business needs, connect and communicate with stakeholders both within the business division and across the organization
- Demonstration of leadership, teamwork and problem solving skills towards the overall betterment of the Business Management Team.
- Strong business acumen and at least 5 experience working in financial markets and business management preferred; broader experience and understanding of financial products, data, market regulation and controls would be advantageous
- Strong problem solving skills; highly organized, numerical, analytical, meticulous and detail-oriented
- Excellent project management skills and experience in working with multiple stakeholders, demonstrating good influencing skills
- Ability to adapt quickly to a dynamic environment and to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written); able to interact effectively with peers and senior management alike; people management experience would be advantageous
- Superior judgment and professionalism and upholds strong business ethics and integrity when dealing with confidential and sensitive information
- Proactive, dependable, motivated and an excellent team player; demonstrates the HKEX values of Integrity, Excellence, Diversity, Engagement and Collaboration
- Aptitude for technology; proficiency in Microsoft tools a must
- Excellent oral and written English, and ideally Cantonese and/or Putonghua
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace. Location:
HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type: