Associate, Bond Syndicator
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Societe Generale
- 25 Sep 18 2018-09-25
Associate, Bond Syndicator
GLFI / SYN / BND is responsible for addressing borrowers' needs in terms of raising and managing capital in the debt capital markets.
The client base for GLFI / SYN / BND includes corporate borrowers, financial institutions, public sector and sovereigns, as well as non-investment grade (high yield) issuers globally.
In terms of execution, GLFI / SYN / BND's activity covers issuance of bonds of various kinds, including covered bonds, senior unsecured bonds, ABS, private placements, hybrid capital and liability management.
Review, study, and analyse all transactions falling within the scope of SG target issuers in the ASIA PAC for the purposes of determining suitability for syndication, and advising on pricing and distribution strategy.
Ensure that the syndication of the transaction is appropriately executed and co-ordinated to achieve best distribution whenever SG is mandated. Represent GLFI / SYN / BND in internal dialogues to market pro-actively the syndicated product with colleagues and to support the product lines in pitches and relationship-building with clients.
- To contribute to effectively addressing clients' borrowing needs in debt capital markets by being involved in the pricing and syndication strategy for all relevant transactions
- To contribute to monitoring and managing the execution of bond mandates (including close co-operation with distribution teams, under the supervision of senior team members). The primary duty of care of syndicate is to the borrower, yet the transactor should make sure that investors are treated fairly in this process
- To contribute to developing and maintaining a track record of winning and executing bond mandates
- To support the development of advisory and product offering in line with SYN's and DCM's strategy and priorities
- To support the development of the client base in line with GLFI's and SG Group's strategy and priorities
- To represent GLFI / SYN / BND in internal dialogues with colleagues, notably regional/product heads in DCM and bankers
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis, including pricing dynamics, relative value analysis, hedging strategies, etc.
- Proven analytical, numerical and relevant IT skills
- Responsibility - awareness and understanding of risks (conduct, reputational, financial, etc.) for SYN, GLFI, and SG Group, and ability to act responsibly in line with SG Group Values, Code of Conduct, and other applicable rules & regulations
- Ability to contribute to the team's efforts to build and maintain trusted internal and external client relationships
- Consistency and rigour in following up on clients' needs
- Demonstrate initiative and team collaboration to develop business adapted to clients' and markets' needs
- Ability to contribute to the team's efforts for the development of new client base, advisory, and products
- Ability to work with people with diverse, international backgrounds
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage competing deadlines, and to deliver on team's priorities
- Strong written and presentation skills required; ability to present topics at meetings in a clear manner; [including language skills (as relevant)