Associate Director/Director, Financial Markets Sales
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Develop a thorough understanding of each allocated customer's business, and understanding of their potential needs for Financial Markets products, through regular liaison with SCB's principal RM for each customer (e.g. Corporate, GAM), as well as through direct contract with the customer.
- Establish and maintain a constructive relationship with the decision maker(s) for Financial Markets products for each allocated customer, through regular calling, visits, entertainment, etc., with the objective that the customers always place SCB on their priority list.
- Respond speedily and positively to all requests from customers for a specific transaction, or for more general advice, or introduction to a more appropriate contact within SCB, irrespective of the request is from the specially allocated group of customers or not.
- Liaise with product traders to analyse the acceptance ratio for quotations provided to each customer, alongside feedback from the customer concerning competing quotations accepted in preference to SCB's, in order that the traders may factor this information into their pricing decisions.
- Liaise with Operations concerning customer feedback received on service delivery quality, in order to seek improvements in service delivery where viewed as necessary from the customer's perspective.
- Liaise with RM's and SCB product specialists in regions which customers are with potentials, in order to exchange information, to introduce the customer to respective SCB products, and to contribute generally to the relevant regional or global customer database.
- Liaise with RM's and SCB product specialists to explore client's needs, address their concerns and to deliver them suitable services and products, in order to gain more market shares for SCB.
- Monitor the utilisation of each customer's trading limits with SCB, obtain specific approval for any excess likely to arise as a result of a particular transaction, and alert respective coverage/GAM if it appears that a higher limit would lead to additional profitable business in Treasury products.
- At least 3 years of experience in sales role in Financial Markets, basic knowledge and trading experiences in financial securities and derivatives. HKMA Type 1 & 4
- Strong communication skills - verbal, written and presentation in both English and Mandarin
- Client engagement experience with strong stakeholder management skills - build, maintain and influence relationship
- A good team player, able to take lead and drive initiatives
- Candidate with less experience will be considered as Associate Director
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.