Job description Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Asset Management, the investment management business of the HSBC Group, serves HSBC’s worldwide customer base of retail and private clients, intermediaries, corporates and institutions invested in both segregated accounts and pooled funds. Global Asset Management fulfils its purpose of connecting HSBC’s clients with investment opportunities around the world through an international network of offices in approximately 30 countries, delivering global capabilities with local market insight.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Associate Director, Asia Corporate Management
. Principal Responsibilities
- AM Asia Corporate Management: Supporting the AM Head of Asia Strategic Business Development and Corporate Management to manage and drive a commercially successful business with efficient internal governance across AM’s entities in Asia including driving consistency and streamlining of internal governance and reporting across AM entities
- AM Asia CEO office/ Chief of Staff support: Supporting the AM Head of Asia Strategic Business Development and Corporate Management in town hall and internal communication coordination, oversight of CEO scorecards and performance measurement, business cases and reporting to group forums
- AM organic strategic business development: Supporting the AM organic strategic business development initiatives roll out in Asia. Ensure proper and timely consideration of market, industry and competitor analysis (including benchmarking) to support planning and performance management activities
- AM inorganic strategic business development: Supporting the AM Head of Asia Strategic Business Development and Corporate Management with the inorganic strategic business development in Asia, including mergers & acquisitions, strategic partnerships activities
- Relationship management: Help to manage relationships with all key AM stakeholders: AM Asia CEO, AM Asia Institutional & Wholesale Client Businesses, AM Investments, AM Country Heads / Country CEOs, AM Finance, AM Risk, AM Legal, AM Regulatory Compliance / FCC & AM HR) & Group stakeholders (e.g. Group & WPB Strategy, Group M&A, GB&M, CMB, WPB, INS, GPB, GM, BSM, HSS & GLCM etc.)
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Strong problem solving skills including prioritising the key issues that needs to be focused
- Well-developed analytical skills and ability to draw insights from a complex set of data sources
- Ability to work independently and able to work in a small team with a flat structure to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Experience of investment management and or strategy experience
- Extensive understanding of financial services markets
- Proven track record in delivering on growth or business change projects
- Excellent ability to interact at senior levels with key stakeholders including: decision makers and senior executives
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to work across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to manage conflict and prioritise based on shareholder benefit
- Ability to work collaboratively in highly technical global team - comfortable working with cross-border teams and building a common culture
- Professional qualifications e.g. ideally one of CPA, CFA
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.