Associate Director, Banks and Broker Dealers
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Business
Act as a direct sales support to Banker on all origination activities:
- In partnership with GAM /RM jointly accountable for client revenues including Throw / Catch for FAM
- Proactively assist the GAM/RM with transactional support on origination activities i.e. pitch books, industry leads etc; including coordination with network and product
- Client analysis, reporting on post origination activities; client meeting documentation; adherence to sales discipline requirements, case studies
- Client meeting preparation and execution including logistics if attending
- Competitor analysis, compare/contrast SCB's value proposition vs. its peers
- New transactions: Deal execution support, credit documentation, limit loading, co-ordinate with sales/products on fee letters, deal drawdown.
- Proactive management of portfolio including client and product partner engagement to ensure limit utilization
Support the Banker in account strategy process for each client by involving all relevant internal stakeholders:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Conduct 'deep dive sessions'
- Work with the product partners to maximize cross-sell and returns on risk weighted assets.
- Communicate relevant approved strategy for each client to all relevant internal stakeholders
- Along with product partners, push for line utilization of complex and structured transactions. Oversee the CCM in ensuring high utilization of regular BAU facilities.
- Review client profitability data for clients.
- Participate in conversations with client on account strategy/wallet sizing/transactions/pricing issues
- Identify clients that need to be classified as Early Alert with Credit and/or transferred to GSAM
- Lead the effort in amending the account Strategy if a critical credit related issue arises
- Help articulate overall strategy for every client group
- Drive on-going client engagement and constant monitoring of client performance by being familiar with overall industry business, performance and outlook
- Form and manage internal deal team for complex transactions that involve numerous internal product partners. Ensure that sensitive deal information is managed and treated confidentially
- Drive product and geography cross sell with clients
- Responsible for prompt logging of client calls into systems and refreshing deal pipeline. Drive swift conversion of deal by engaging client and relevant internal stakeholders
- Responsible for annual account planning exercise and engage product partners to ensure account planning process is rigorous and revenue objectives for client are fulfilled
- Responsible for periodic credit review and requests for information/updates particularly during periods of market volatility
- Exemplary deal management from origination to post deal ensuring at all times, professionalism of discussion, completion of relevant documentation, fulfilment of deal conditions and monitoring post fund disbursement
- Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance preferred
- 7 Years or above experience in related discipline
- Broad product knowledge; deal / origination focus
- Ability to establish strong relationships with clients and internal functions to drive revenues
- Identify opportunities for referral to GAM/RM
- Solutions oriented with good communication skills
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.