Our Ideal Candidate
- Support in driving focus areas of Digitization, cost saving initiatives and MI under Servicing and Transacting department
- Deliver digital / innovation projects and transforming operations rhythm from paper-based to digitized journey
- Collect and analyse data to identify opportunities in adopting new technology in the market for efficiency save and digitalization
- Explore market insights with technologies, and work with Group, to bring in sharp improvement by ways such as AI, OCR, speech-to-text technologies, etc...
- Ensure all digital and innovation projects are in line with efficiency interest, policy framework and risk appetite
- Drive the KPI of straight-through process (STP) and deliver continuous improvement such as STP ratio, cost saving, cost-to-serve, etc...
- Driving Operation teams on MI and costing improvement and simplification to draw meaningful insight in both cost and efficiency prospective.
- Ensure various Group submissions are delivered accurately and timely
- Perform any tasks/activities as required under the Department Operating Instructions (DOI) / Group Department Operating Instructions (GDOI) / Process Notes / Applicable Group Procedure / Policies / Standards / Service Level Agreements, other Operational documents and/or as required by Line Manager from time to time
Role Specific Competencies
- 8-10 years of experience in digitization / innovation projects or process improvement in Retail Banking industry, preferably from Operations perspective
- Strong skills in data and process analysis
- Able to work independently, especially stretch to handle senior stakeholders and deliver in tight timeline
- Fluent Business Communication and Chinese
About Standard Chartered
- Digital Transformation
- Analytical Thinking
- Managing Change
- Understanding Customer Needs
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers