To support Country Client Coverage in delivering business requirements and results.
The role is focused on driving business performance / results through 1) Business reviews & sales enablement, 2) Client portfolio management and proposition, 3) People agenda and frontline communication, 4) Business strategy execution and project management.
The incumbent will work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders including but not limited to Regional / Country Client Coverage teams, local country management teams, Finance, HR, and function teams as well as the global Business Development teams. The role is inherently varied and reflects the changing demands and responsibilities of the Country Head of Client Coverage. Strategy
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Execution of initiatives and tasks that support Hong Kong CCIB business strategy
- Preparation of performance presentations and reports for various stakeholders
- Preparation and distribution of financial data to respective teams and assist on troubleshooting of data issues alongside finance and system teams
- Assist on tracking performance to budget and identifying risks and opportunities to delivering the targeted business performance
- Assist on analysis of Revenues and Returns for Client Coverage
- Assist on consolidation and communication work from business development initiatives: Sub-optimal account management, Account Plan, roll-out of new platforms e.g. S2B NG, Client Central, dashboards, CRMx etc.
- Co-ordinate tail management and run-off tracking
- Assist on IBOR transition and co-ordination work
- Assist on cost analysis and management
- Consolidation review and refinement of information required from various stakeholders
- Maintenance of various administrative elements
- Co-ordinate staff training and referral programmes and initiatives
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Follow local regulatory requirements set out by the HKMA, and any other regulatory requirements applicable to the business e.g. PRA, FATCA etc.
- Regional and Country BPM team
- Country Client Coverage Head
- Country Client Coverage Segment Heads
- Group Business Development Team
- Country Finance team
- Country support functions
- Country product partners
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the Client Coverage and Group BD team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
About Standard Chartered
- Bachelors degree with around 10-15 years experience
- Proactive and positive with the ability to make good / sound decisions and use independent judgement
- Project and Program Management skills to monitor specific projects and take ownership of issues / tasks
- Ability to create effective work relationships across functions & borders
- Interpersonal skills in networking, influencing and decision taking
- Good presentation, time management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Can work independently to strict timeframes
- Focused, organised and results-oriented
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders. Ability to influence senior staff and offshore shared services teams and drive change agenda
- Assertive, tenacious and willing to challenge when required
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers