Associate Director, Business Origination, Beijing
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, a leading provider of credit market data, analytical tools and risk services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
As a global credit rating agency, Fitch Ratings gauges the ability of entities and instruments to meet their credit obligations. Investors and financial market participants rely on multiple sources, and the credit rating - indicating how an issue or transaction is likely to perform over time - is one of their key inputs. In this way, we help investors map potential credit risks.
Fitch Solutions, a subsidiary of Fitch Ratings, provides a range of industry-leading products and professional development services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market-based content, it distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution it brings to market, our offerings are designed to meet the diverse needs of the fixed-income markets.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws. Department Overview:
This position is based in Beijing, within the Business Relationship Management (BRM) group in Greater China, providing tactical marketing and business development management to assigned product groups.
The Greater China BRM team's responsibilities are:
- Issuer Marketing / Business Origination (across Sovereigns, Financial Institutions, Corporates, Structured Finance Originators, International Public Finance amongst others)
- Banker / Arranger outreach
- Managing Fitch's visibility and positioning Fitch as the rating agency of choice in Greater China and Asia
Reporting to the Senior Director based in Hong Kong, this position will be responsible for supporting BRM activities under Financial Institutions (FI) in the Greater China region. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Work closely with the senior business originators and other team members in the Greater China region to implement Fitch Ratings' business strategy and initiatives e.g. meeting the assigned FI revenue budgets, etc.
- Maintain and build constructive business relationships with assigned existing FI issuers. Identify potential issuers and acquire new relationships via direct marketing/outreach
- Independently handle and tackle sophisticated or challenging business requests e.g. bidding for new mandates (initial rating & bond mandates), pitching for rating retention/conversion, negotiating commercial terms, gathering market intelligence for business decision making, conducting cold calls to prospect issuers, etc.
- Develop relationships with active investment bankers / underwriters / relationship managers / sector bankers for winning business opportunities
- Work closely with internal/external counterparts (issuers, bankers, Fitch analysts, etc) to assure smooth execution of new and existing rating exercises
- Work with revenue management team to lead and manage rating contract renewals in a timely manner
- Work closely with business/billing support team to conduct timely billing and manage accounts receivables
- Execute and/or support various outreach initiatives (conferences, seminars, one-on-one meetings, electronic delivery, analyst meetings, Issuer Portal service, etc) to strengthen Fitch's market visibility
- Maintain and track FI deal flows on a regular basis and provide timely update to the senior management via weekly, monthly and ad-hoc market reports
- Provide back-up coverage to other business originators in Greater China when needed
- Occasional travel will be required
- 5-year or above relevant Marketing or Relationship Management experience in Debt Capital Markets or Banking/Financial Services sectors
- Experience in handling business relationship with banks, non-bank financial institutions, insurance companies and other relevant issuers
- College or MBA degree with specialization in business, finance and other relevant disciplines
- Some exposure to Bloomberg or Wind, effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management and market participants on important industry issues
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good command of spoken and written Mandarin Chinese and English