Associate Director, Finance
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
Manage the day-to-day Finance operation and internal control system. Support the new process and product development. The Job
- Monitor the internal control rules and procedures of Procurement and Staff reimbursement
- Liaise with various parties and review the overall of reconciliation process to ensure in compliance with FWD Group internal policy.
- Monitor day to day premium receipt and policy payment
- Perform analysis on receipt and payment transaction to provide insight to management
- Enhance operation efficiency and ensure Operation team delivery
- Identify area for improvement for Finance operation, streamline processes
- Approve UR, FDS and signoff all UAT results
- Assist the division transit to Oracle, RBC and IFRS17 environment
- Manage ad-hoc assignments and projects as delegated by the manager
- Degree from a recognized University
- ACCA, HKICPA qualification or equivalent
- 10+ years' experience in Life insurance industry, of which 5 years' experience in managerial level
- Knowledge in IFRS 17, IFRS 9 and insurance company's financial statements
- Strong leadership skills and stakeholder management
- Problem solving abilities and analytical skills
- Good personal and communication skills
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.