Associate Director, Governance, Risk & Compliance Services (Insurance), Risk Consulting
KPMG's Risk Consulting group strives to address clients' urgent strategic and operational challenges in today's complex
regulatory environment. The practice focuses on key risk areas relating to strategic level, operational environment, financial impact and
We offer a richly varied professional experience with an exciting career path. You will have the opportunity to develop
powerful insights into different aspects of a client's business, from strategy and operations to governance and compliance
processes. We provide a multi-skilled, multidisciplinary work environment where no two assignments are exactly the same. Responsibilities
• Advise Insurance clients regarding set-up and enhancement of a risk governance and enterprise risk management system. Advise and assess techniques applied in monitoring and managing the organisation's risk exposure in line with the Insurance Authority's guidance (e.g. GL21).
• Cover Conduct Risk matters in the Insurance Market. This includes product suitability, conflicts of interest and other matters that might impact insurance clients or the insurance market.
• Work with a team of professionals to perform high-quality consulting projects to help identify control and performance improvement opportunities for clients.
• Effectively manage multiple large and complex engagements. Supervise and manage performance of the teams working on assigned engagements.
• Distil and summarise findings for senior management, executive and board level consumption and present results to these senior stakeholders.
• Develop relationships at Chief Compliance Officer, Chief Risk officer level with the aim to develop KPMG's share of the market and lead related opportunity pursuits.
• Act as a key member of client service teams and support marketing activities as needed. Qualifications
• 7 - 10 years consulting or relevant experience. Insurance sector expertise welcome.
• Good knowledge across the following areas: Insurance regulatory environment and developments in Hong Kong; local and international risk management methodologies; Culture and conduct risk management frameworks; Conduct strategy implementation; Corporate governance and compliance expectations.
• Able to clearly describe end-to-end business processes and key integration points, and identify challenges and/or solutions
• Creative thinking, strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high commitment to quality client service.
• Strong presentation and report-writing skills with a good command of verbal and written English and Chinese (Mandarin).
• Excellent communication, team-building and mentoring skills.
• Strong leadership capabilities, including experience in managing at least two permanent staff.
• Experience in leading business development and client pursuits.
• Experience in handling high-impact and complex projects across borders or functions in a dynamic environment will be a definite advantage.