Associate Director, Group Strategy
Bring your career aspirations to life with AIA!
Drive corporate strategy development and long-term strategic initiatives for AIA Group including the identification and evaluation of potential new value pools
Act as strategic advisor and SME to group functions in relation to the workstreams of AIA's corporate strategy
Support Local Business Units (LBUs) on local strategy development and strategic planning
Act as an internal management/strategy/business "consultancy" centre of excellence (COE) to provide value and impact to LBUs and Group on big strategic questions Roles & Responsibilities
Financial & Non Financial Measures
- Support the formulation of the Group's vision and longer-term strategy to enable sustainable value-creating growth, and continuously evolve strategic thinking within the organisation to consider "what's next" and to future-proof the business
- Provide strategic support across other pillars of AIA's strategy as needed as part of agile teams
- Develop and define relevant strategy implementation frameworks, strategy execution process, guidelines, and tools
- Ensure the strategy and frameworks are well understood and appropriately applied by Group Office (GO) functions and LBUs
- Ensure appropriate strategic targets and KPIs are in place, with clear ownership and accountability
- Provide constructive challenge to LBUs' strategies to ensure strategies are robust, consistent with the Group's long-term vision, and enable the LBUs to respond effectively to market trends
- Drive adoption of the corporate strategy through advocacy and promotion of relevant initiatives
- Build/nurture relationships with external parties (private and public), and professional advisors/experts, for strategic partnerships or collaboration in support of the strategy
- Strengthen strategy development and execution capabilities in LBUs and GO functions through practical support
Communication Requirements Internal
- Quality of outputs created - as assessed by manager, Group ExCo, Group Office functional leaders, business unit CEOs and other key stakeholders
- Impact on overall AIA Group growth, specifically:
- Clarity of strategies developed and appropriateness to Group and/or LBU
- Effectiveness in achieving stakeholder buy-in, including adoption and localisation of the corporate strategy by LBUs
- Results as measured against targets set out in strategies developed by Group Strategy (GS) team
- Relationships built with relevant external parties (private and public) for strategic partnerships or collaboration
- Work across multi-functions within Group Office and the Business Units including Health & Wellness, Group Distribution, Marketing, Finance, Actuarial, Country Management, Operations, Legal and Compliance, Technology, Human Resources.
Business partners and working teams, both existing and potential, other advisors as appropriate and required. Minimum Job Requirements
Reporting Structure and Managerial Responsibilities
- Undergraduate Degree in Business major or related discipline. MBA is preferred. High quality candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered.
- At least 10 years' work experience in insurance or relevant field in strategy or management consulting background is highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience across Asian insurance markets highly preferred
- Ability to engage with stakeholders across the business, including senior levels, as well as external parties
- Ability to critically evaluate and synthesise information
- High degree of numerical proficiency, able to effectively analyse and interpret financial information
- Results-driven with proven track record in driving and achieving results
- Independent and innovative thinker
- Effective communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficiency in other Asian language preferred
- Strong Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint) required
An individual contributor role and a key member of the Group Strategy team with resource access to a broader pool of internal and internal subject matter experts (SMEs) across the Group Strategy, Corporate Development and Transactions and Strategy Ventures team.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live healthier, longer, better lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.