Associate Director, Market Development, Asia Pacific
JobDescription : The Role:
You will be responsible for supporting marketing and executing pan regional marketing strategies, with a focus on Southeast Asia and Greater China to build product awareness, generate leads, and build profile for the S&P Dow Jones Indices brand as the world's leading independent consultative index solutions provider and as a pioneer in indexing concepts.
You will collaborate and expand the partnership with key clients and exchanges in the region to promote investment themes and investable products based on S&P DJI indices to drive revenue to the business. You will work closely with teams across departments to create and deliver marketing plans that leverage the full suite of marketing channels in alignment with these objectives for the region.
Our channel centric marketing efforts include e-mail marketing, digital advertising, social media, partners-based marketing programs, and events that target and cultivates defined audience segments across the region through customized and actively monitored campaigns. The Impact:
We have been expanding quickly due to organic business growth in the Asia Pacific region, this is an opportune time to appoint an experienced marketing professional to join the team to help drive the growth.
You will have the opportunity to bring greater transparency to the markets by promoting our broad range of index solutions, our thought leadership, and trends and merits of passive investing to help drive downstream awareness, asset under management (AUM), and liquidity into S&P DJI offerings and index-linked products including ETFs, index-funds, structured products, and index-based derivatives. The Career Opportunity:
You will support the Head of Market Development in the region as a strategic partner with client coverage, product management, and index research & design team members to develop annual marketing plans and produce campaigns aligned to the business' growth strategy. You will have exposure with clients in the region and opportunities to expand the partnership program.
S&PDJI has a history of empowering staff in terms of promotions and training opportunities. You will stretch out of your comfort zone --- with the support of the management and your colleagues. The Team / The Business:
You will be a part of a dynamic marketing team with presence across US, Europe, and Asia operating in a high-energy environment with new challenges and opportunities each day. We have a professional, transparent culture supported by a strong leader and a terrific team of colleagues across the globe. This is an ideal role for a marketing professional who wants to be an integral part of a team that values hard work, helping one another, recognition and transparency. Our Hiring Manager says
I'm looking someone who will take a high level of ownership on projects, is flexible in approach, and is looking to use their marketing skill to help driving our business in the region. You should be comfortable working on your own while proactively creating highly polished results. Requirements:
- 8+ years of experience in investment industry. Experience in developing and executing B2B marketing strategies and tactics in Greater China and across the Asia Pacific region.
- Applies broad knowledge of marketing principles, business drivers, related areas and external market to impact business results. Has good knowledge of the industry and knowledge of index-linked products.
- Proven experience using social media such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to amplify messages.
- Experience working within multinational corporations with a sensitivity to cultures and practices.
- Interacts with clients as needed to support the business. Participates in professional associations, conferences and other external activities.
- Results driven and customer focused with a proven track record of success in projects undertaken.
- Work independently, ability to think strategically, communicate effectively and execute proactively.
- Willingness to participate in conference calls with overseas colleagues after regular business operating hours.
- Willingness to travel within Asia and overseas as required.
- Fluency in Chinese and English (both written and oral).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
At S&P Global, we don't give you intelligence-we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We're the world's foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
- S&P Global Ratings, which provides credit ratings, research and insights essential to driving growth and transparency.
- S&P Global Market Intelligence, which provides insights into companies, markets and data so that business and financial decisions can be made with conviction.
- S&P Dow Jones Indices, the world's largest resource for iconic and innovative indices, which helps investors pinpoint global opportunities.
- S&P Global Platts, which equips customers to identify and seize opportunities in energy and commodities, stimulating business growth and market transparency.