Associate Director, People Experience - HSBC Securities Services
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
Securities Services provides robust and reliable solutions that enhance performance and mitigate risk, today and in the future. Working with institutional investors, banks, insurance companies, governments and multinational corporations, Securities Services offers a range of fund administration, global custody, sub-custody and clearing, and corporate trust and loan agency services.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Associate Director, People Experience
. Principal responsibilities
- Formulating and developing our People Engagement Strategy together with the Global Head of People Experience, ensuring alignment with the overall HSBC Securities Services strategy and consideration of local nuances in Asia
- Driving the end-to-end planning and delivery of the People Engagement agenda in line with our overall strategy and providing direction to a network of engagement colleagues across HSBC Securities Services, tracking actions and delivering to plan.
- Bringing fresh ideas and proactively enhancing, driving and executing guidelines that ensure that all "people related" programs and initiatives are implemented in a manner that will ensure customer value, maximized revenues, cost savings and improved efficiencies.
- Maintaining regular dialogue with Global and Regional HSBC Securities Services Leadership teams in support of best practice initiatives and developments that will establish and maintain vibrant, enthused, and highly energised work environments
- Working closely with the Head of Human Resources, to support the People Priorities and People Forum initiatives and ensuring they land well in Asia
- Building internal relationships with senior stakeholders internally to ensure confidence is established in the People Proposition and Narrative
- Working closely with the Communications Manager to ensure strategies are aligned to Sector and Geography and are delivered consistently across the business.
- Engaging regularly with GBM colleagues and other areas of the bank to ensure aligned with standards and methods, sharing of best practice and to understand how other areas of the bank are driving forwards their People Strategy eg bank wide Employee Resource Groups
- Developing an effective external network across financial services and other industries to better understand engagement methods and people initiatives
- Tracking the value and benefits of people related initiatives using insight from multiples sources and analysing to adjust people plans as appropriate
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Proven experience of working in a Strategy, Consultancy role or Project Management and display a deep understanding of general business issues, the people engagement landscape and the investment industry
- Significant proven track record in managing a complex planning process
- Experience of delivering strategically important projects
- Experience in roles which have require teamwork and collaboration across a global organisation
- Experience of managing and coaching colleagues who are not direct reports and may be more senior
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Advanced understanding of strategy development methodologies, tools and approaches
- Motivated and willing to take on new challenges
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Planning, organising and teamwork skills
- Positive attitude including the ability to adapt to changing environment
- Enthusiasm & Initiative, Flexibility and Responsiveness
- Ability to take full ownership for deliverables and to work on own initiative
- A strong team player who can work collaboratively and globally with peers and manage and deliver excellent performance from teams and individuals
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.