Associate Director, Product Risk Actuary – Direct insurance, Regional Office
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bluemont Consulting
- 18 Nov 18
My client, a top tier life insurance company in Hong Kong looking for a Product Risk Actuary to work with Group Office stakeholders to ensure the on-going and effective functioning of the Insurance Risk and Product-related Risk governance and reporting processes at the Group Office level.
- Perform risk assessments on escalated new and non-standard insurance products, reinsurance arrangements and underwriting proposals.
- Assess escalated proposals for quality and completeness, providing timely and constructive feedback.
- For assigned business units, establish and maintain a close working relationship with both local and group stakeholders to facilitate timely risk advice during the product development process.
- For escalated issues, work with local risk officers to develop risk mitigation strategies which are practical and commercially sound, having regard to the specific detail of the product/ arrangement/ proposal and the overall new business portfolio risk.
- Develop and/or review group standards, guidance notes, templates and other governance “tools” produced by Group Risk and/or Group Actuarial to support Product and Reinsurance processes in local teams.
- Compile, review and provide expert commentary on product and insurance risk metrics and watchlists, both at the individual product level and portfolio level, working to the standard of reliability and clarity which is required for submissions to the Group Financial Risk Committee.
- At least 10 years’ actuarial experience in a life insurer/reinsurer.
- Significant practical experience in the fields of life insurance/reinsurance product development and pricing in Asia.
- FSA or similar.
- Strong leadership skills with the confidence to challenge consensus views.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills.
Should you be interested in exploring this role further, please send your resume to Francois Xavier Zeller at email@example.com or call directly / WhatsApp: on +852 6113 8157; 微信: fxzeller for a confidential discussion.