The Role Responsibilities
The role holder will play a key role in implementing key wealth journeys for retail client base, and ensuring they are integrated with overall client journey and any other strategic initiatives across the bank for a coherent and superior client experience. Business
- Co-design and implement cross-wealth product related initiatives or projects, such as Wealth 360 and other relevant client or RM facing platforms or processes, in collaboration with relevant local and Group stakeholders.
- Understand how each initiative or project impact a particular journey and how it fits into the wider strategic business objectives.
- Have overview of all Wealth Management capabilities and roadmap.
- Hands-on problem solving, co-solutioning and execution of projects with Group throughout the project lifecycle, including current journey state mapping, gap analysis, research, ideation, solutioning, implementation, go-to-market, and commercialization.
- Prioritize the product backlog and user stories based on business benefit, effort and risk.
- Function as Product Owner for selected projects.
- Identify new opportunities in the market for journey enhancements, and work with Group and local stakeholders to implement.
People & Talent
- Connect and synergize among various tribes and squads to ensure client journeys are designed and executed in client-friendly manner.
- Constant stakeholder engagement across the WM organisation, other businesses and functions to achieve objectives as expected.
- Have clear understanding the internal, external, and interfacing resources that are supporting the initiatives.
- Regular tracking and communication with all levels of stakeholders to ensure clear and unambiguous understanding towards client journey objectives, country roadmap and project timeline.
- Promote the culture of New Ways of Working - agility and speed, client centricity, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Ensure relevant control measures are undertaken as required by Group and local regulatory guideline to minimize risk exposure.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Ensure relevant control measures are undertaken to fully complied with regulatory & business conduct.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Wealth Management Team (local & Group)
- Country Technology Management, IT and Technology
- Segment Teams
- Retail Analytics
- Legal & Compliance
- Wealth Policies and Process
- Retail Banking Operations
- Project Management Office
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 8 years of relevant experience in Wealth Management Product, Transformation or Project Management, and Product Marketing experience in financial services industry.
- Functional experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner or Business Analyst in Wealth Management.
- Sound knowledge of Wealth Management products, processes, and systems.
- Mature self-starter with strong drive, motivation and commitment with good business sense, problem-solving and influencing skills, and a positive can-do attitude.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication, and stakeholder management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, managing deadlines and unexpected changes in priorities and requirements, adjusting quickly as circumstances dictate.
About Standard Chartered
- Wealth Management Products
- Digital Transformation
- Products and Processes
- Business Analytics
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do.
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well.
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others and work collectively to build for the long term.
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations.
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum.
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns.
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits.
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning.
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers