Associate, Financing Solutions
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Support and assist Regional Head of Financing Solutions and senior transactors in the team for executing the business strategy.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role
People and Talent
- To support the origination of primary transactions by working closely with Senior Transactors, Relationship Managers and other product teams
- With Senior Transactors' guidance to prepare pitchbooks, market research, pricing and return analysis, term sheet amendment and translation.
- Execution of financings:
- collaboration with internal deal team members and external clients for the collection, consolidation and preliminary review of corporate documents and project information
- preparation of info memo, financial projections, offering circular, due diligence, invitation lists and underwriting application
- translation of necessary materials to ensure a smooth deal execution process
- coordination and event management of bank meetings, site visits and road show
- follow up potential lenders/investors and update the execution timetable
- handling enquiries from potential lenders/investors
- preparation of banks status reporting during syndication stage
- coordination of loan documentation with external & internal legal counsels and syndicate banks
- coordination of internal approval and dispensation if appropriate
- arrangement of signing ceremonies
- liaison with Loan & Agency and LDU for loan drawdown
- Maintenance of up-to-dated banks' contact list for the team
- Maintenance of transaction file in accordance with Syndications Product Programme and audit requirements
- To assist the reporting preparation for the team including deal pipelines, operational risk monitoring, financial control monitoring, regulatory and industry association reports.
- To report SCB-arranged transactions to financial presses for league table purposes
- To prepare regular updates on generic syndication credentials / pitchbook and ad hoc presentation slides for senior management
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
Our Ideal Candidate
- Maintain close contact with senior staff and learn from them. To support the origination of primary transactions by working closely with Senior Transactors, Relationship Managers and other product teams.
- Manage Conduct
- Risk Management and Internal Controls
- Manage People
- Compliance - Governance, Oversight and Control
- Risk Management - Market / Liquidity
- Business - Strategy and Model
- Business - Market Knowledge
- Product - Securitisation
- Product - Credit Derivatives
- Product - Structured Derivatives and Swaps
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.