The Role Responsibilities
- The role's principal function is to take responsibility and accountability for simple / complex cash management and trade implementations within the Country. The client base includes CCIB clients, all have exacting standards and expect the highest levels of best practice and standards around implementation.
- The role requires a person who serves as the focal point of contact for client and ensure smooth and efficient implementation via assembling the proper implementation team, creating complete project plan, tracking to ensure milestones dates are met, clear and timely communication to internal and external stakeholders on project progress with proper follow-ups and escalation as required. Implementation manager will participate in the pre-implementation phase to facilitate sales in deal origination.
- The person needs to have experience in cash management, trade finance and / or project management, have an understanding of the overall TB business strategy ensuring key programmes are supported and embed within the function as appropriate. The continuous drive to improve deal cycle time to enhance revenue realisation is key.
- The role is client facing and relationships with clients need to be developed and nurtured to ensure the function remains aligned to client needs. Collaboration and co-operation are hallmarks of success as the jobholder often needs to bring together multiple internal parties (Sales, Product, ITO) and find innovative solutions to complex multi-market requirements.
- Work closely with clients and internal parties to ensure long term and short term Implementation strategies are developed to fulfil client requirements
- As part of strategy review, support Senior Implementation Manager to execute various global /regional / local initiatives that drive process improvement, efficiency gain and improved customer journey.
- Execute Cash & Trade Implementation strategy across people, processes in Country
- Align to Bank initiatives
- Generate ideas and bring innovation to improve the end-to-end implementation workflow , with pipeline discipline and support implementation initiatives.
- Work with Local Implementation Head on executing strategy for the Country and support digitisation strategy.
- Support the business by developing strong client relationships throughout the sales cycle and help to identify additional cross sell opportunities
- Maintains appropriate commercial balance between needs of clients and long term profitability / efficiency of the business
People and Talent
- Embed PMI standards into Project Management team
- Monitor client survey feedback and implement appropriate actions in response
- Ensures the attendance of ongoing training and have strong self-motivation in personal development.
- Takes responsibility for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual and the team play in managing them
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the implementation process.
- Delivers 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Country TB Head on TB strategy
- Works closely with TB Sales and TB Product Management, ITO to align client requirements and priorities
- PSS, Technology and Operation
- Legal & Compliance
- Client Service Team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embeds Here for good and Group's brand and values in the team,
- Performs other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Role Specific Competencies
- Good knowledge of Transaction Banking products (Cash/Trade), processes and procedures including on-line banking.
- Excellent project management skills. PMP (or equivalent) certified would be an added advantage.
- Other relevant professional certifications (e.g. SAP / Oracle / AWS) would be an added advantage
- Good understanding of system development life cycle and processes. Preferably with Information technology academic background.
- A dynamic team player, capable of adopting collaborative approach in designing unique client solutions.
- Well versed with local banking rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in selling /implementing Transaction Banking products for Corporate and Institutional clients, preferred.
- Adequate knowledge of client documentation.
- Ability to work under strict timelines, budget and produce high quality deliverables.
- Self-motivated, confident individual with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Out of the box creative thinking and decision-making abilities in crunch situations.
- Analytical skills - ability to review & analyse workflows and procedure to drive process improvements, enhancing client experience.
- Adequate understanding of the various computer systems within the Bank and the applications of technology in business.
- Fluent in English and Chinese, written and verbal. Other local language is a plus.
- A fast learner and self-motivated to learn new skills and technology.
- Good data analytical skills.
- Knowledge in AI, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, Data Scientist would be an added advantage.
About Standard Chartered
- Manage Conduct
- Manage Risk
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
- In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- Recruitment assessments - some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers