Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs and RoRWA)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg network and transaction banking), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product, industry and countries partners as appropriate
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally
- Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
People and Talent
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. financial markets, transaction banking, corporate finance riskand service delivery
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the financial institutions team
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with CCIB and financial institutions standards ie account planning, call reports and deal pipeline management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
- C oach / develop clerical to facilitate better utilization of resources
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the corporate teams
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the Group's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, oversee changes in these areas
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework, in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Colleagues in CCIB and CDD teams, Product, Risk, Compliance and other support Functions and Businesses
- Existing Customers - To manage relationships, develop business, evaluate credits, negotiate facility terms and pricing, resolve operational problems and secure market information.
- Prospective Customers - To market full range of Bank's products and services
- Professionals - Lawyers, Valuers, Advisors and Brokers
Our Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Embed Here for good and the Group's brand and values
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Work effectively across SCB, using values behaviours to drive overall business growth
Role Specific Competencies
- Bachelor degree in banking or finance preferred
- Ideally 3+ years of experience in banking or other relevant environment
About Standard Chartered
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
- some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers