The core responsibilities of the role is to engage and work with colleagues and stakeholders to investigate, research, elicit, analyse and model Traditional Transfer Agency functions, processes, information flows and data structures using subject matter expertise and/or a range of business analysis techniques.
As a SME / BA, this role will provide the opportunity to influence and create bold, innovative work to support the integration of Traditional Transfer Agency APAC region. The role will be based within Global Delivery Hong Kong. What you will be responsible for:
As a Business Analyst/Subject Matter Expert, you will facilitate the following for Traditional Transfer Agency APAC:
What we value:
- Analyse and investigate business problems and opportunities, to specify required changes to business processes, people skills, information, technology and organization structures and roles
- You'll analyse the structure of Traditional Transfer Agency APAC to understand and document how it operates
- You'll conduct investigations at a strategic level to document the "as-is" and "to-be" business processes/operating model/systems. You'll take a holistic view, ensure stakeholder perspectives are identified and analysed with a view to achieving consensus
- You'll use your skills to plan, arrange and facilitate meetings and workshops with stakeholders to identify challenges/opportunities with the current business model
- Drive and constructively challenge others on their assumptions of how they can execute business processes
- Act as Subject Matter Expert in processes, systems, controls, contractual and regulatory framework
- Analyse operational process / operating model improvements and associated implications to understand in detail impact on business functions and systems
- Facilitate the design of potential solutions to any challenges/opportunities identified during the discovery research phase
- Prepare and deliver reporting of findings to stakeholders
- Develop comprehensive end-to-end model proposal
- Support securing stakeholder feedback, direction and decision making throughout the various stages of discovery and change implementation
- Document requirements according to standard templates, obtaining appropriate sign-off
- Facilitate walkthroughs of requirements with Global Delivery, Product and Technology areas
- Lead and oversee the implementation of process improvements / change within Global Delivery TA APAC
- Reporting of progress to the relevant stakeholders e.g., Transfer Agency BBH Integration Global Lead
- Support and facilitate the documentation of User Manuals, Training Material as required
- Deliver high quality project artefacts and disciplines for own area of scope e.g., TA APAC RAID, Status reporting, Plan.
- Be the subject matter expert in the particular business area and/or
- Be proficient in applying techniques which help when investigating, analyzing, modelling and recording the business area of interest
- Be proficient is using tools to record structure, relationships and use of information within Traditional TA APAC
- Be proficient in establishing relationships, analyzing perspectives and managing stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds and disciplines; whilst adapting stakeholder engagement style to meet the needs of different audiences
- You'll have the ability to work in a fast-paced, globally structured, and team-based environment, as well as be able to work independently
- You'll have strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- You'll have strong verbal and written communication skills; and be able to assimilate information for senior executives concisely and appropriately for the situation at hand
- You'll have a keen awareness and appreciation for teamwork and collaboration; this role will require the candidate to be adept/effective at interpersonal interactions
- You'll have strong analytical skills.
- Typically candidate will have 8-10 years experience in a similar environment. Candidate will lesser experience may also be considered.
- Excellent administrative, organizational and business support skills, with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Possess excellent organizational, planning and co-ordination skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Comprehensive procedural, technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required. This should be complemented with a strong understanding of Fund Accounting, Custody and Regulatory background to Funds Industry.