As Barclays Business Oversight Compliance Vice President - Fixed Income, this is exciting opportunity where you will work within Compliance, that operates as one team to drive the right customer outcomes and protect the integrity of the financial services markets through innovation. Key part of your role is provide day-to-day compliance advice and guidance to the APAC Fixed Income (Credit, Macro, Cross-Assets) business, in particular Hong Kong, China and Taiwan.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we're looking for:
- Providing day-to-day compliance advice and guidance to the APAC Fixed Income (Credit, Macro, Cross-Assets) business, in particular Hong Kong, China and Taiwan.
- Working with Compliance colleagues in Japan and Singapore to support Asia wide coverage to this business
- Supporting the Director in this team to deliver on business compliance oversight to business
- Working with the business to establish appropriate controls for effective compliance risk management
- Working closely with E-Communications and Trade Surveillance teams in managing the Compliance surveillance programme for the credit business.
- Assisting with various Markets BOC projects, initatives and support coverage of other Markets compliance teams in HK and outside of HK.
- Identifying key regulatory issues with potential for significant Inherent Risk
- Performing detailed analysis and detailed completion of the Conduct Relevant Risk Assessments (CRA and RCSA)
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Have a university graduate and good understanding of Credit, Macro, Fixed Income products and the controls requirement
- Able to work independently and as required and can exercise judgement on escalation and seeking supervision
- Able to provide effective check and challenge the business and escalate where appropriate
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, good interpersonal, influencing, and negotiating skills
- Experience in stakeholder management on regulatory, conduct and reputational issues and in devising and progressing on solution for issues.
- Experience in influencing business stakeholders relating to compliance issues and how to achieve successful outcomes.
- Take ownership of and drive compliance representation on new business initiatives discussions.
- Ability to conduct compliance investigation and review on business independently and in collobration with other compliance teams and contribute to decision making and outcome of such investigation and review.
Where will you be working?
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise accordingly
- Meticulous with details and yet with strong focus on big picture
- Knowledge of key global and/or APAC regulatory rules and regulations
- Pragmatic in problem-solving, adopting a flexible, consultative working style
Our offices are situated in the centre of Hong Kong's financial district, at 2 Queen's Road.
Cheung Kong Centre is an investment banking hub that offers panoramic views of Victoria Harbour and Kowloon Peninsula. There is a variety of local amenities and you will be just a short walk from shopping malls, health clubs and multiple transport links.