UBS Asset Management is a large-scale asset manager with diversified businesses across investment capabilities, regions and distribution channels. It offers investment capabilities and styles across all major traditional and alternative asset classes including equities, fixed income, currencies, hedge funds, real estate, infrastructure and private equity that can also be combined into multi-asset strategies.
To support the design and implementation of UBS Asset Management's China business expansion, UBS Asset Management is looking to hire a Business Analyst to help drive and coordinate project activities and key initiatives related to our AM China strategy. The primary role is to plan and manage the program design, analysis and implementation (e.g. Project Scoping, Target Operating Model, Business Processes & Risk) within the overall program management framework.
- Support the setup of the target operating model and perform detailed analysis of the business case/requirements
- Document the detailed business requirements and target business processes in close partnership with impacted functions, and help to execute PFM to FMC conversion
- Help to draft cost specification and project planning, and coordinate the UBS internal New Business Initiative process to ensure that all material risks are appropriately identified, assessed and disclosed and the right infrastructure and controls are in place
- Run workshops and training sessions to analyze as-is and to-be states
- Determine and develop user requirements for systems in production in order to ensure maximum usability
- Assist in defining front-to-back test cases and acceptance criteria
- Help to identify and manage project risks and agree with respective functions on mitigation measures
- Balance scope, schedule, budget, quality and risks and propose adjustments as necessary and prioritize the deliveries in conjunction with the project management
- Manage and coordinate relevant functions and stakeholders to ensure that the project can be delivered within mutually agreed scope and timeline
- Oversee the implementation of the target operating model
- Build effective and collaborative cross departmental relationship to enable timely and quality deliverables
- Keeping all stakeholders and working group members informed on progress and issues
You will be working with the AM China Project Management team in Shanghai (or Hong Kong / Singapore) which is responsible for the China Platform build-out / extension supports the AM China Strategy implementation.
• Min. 5-7 years of business analysis / project management experience in the financial services industry, preferably in Asset Management or related business areas
• Been part of at least one large-scale project lifecycle, preferably from scoping and planning through to go live / post go-live support or taken part in at least one detailed business process analysis project (e.g. 'As Is' definition) and provided recommendations for the future processes (‘To Be’ processes)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and schedule workload
• Strong Project management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and cope with complex and changing scenarios
• Ability to manage stakeholders and objectives with conflicting priorities across functions, businesses and time zones
• Ability to partner across other functions, regions and lines of business
• Excellent MS Office skills, especially MS PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability of coordinating / managing deliverables of more junior analysts
• Very good communication skills, including both English and Mandarin
• University degree in Business Administration, Finance or other relevant field
• Able to work under pressure and cope with difficult and ambiguous scenarios
• Proactive and structured with strong attention to detail
• A great communicator who remains calm in stressful situations
• Able to multi-task with excellent follow-up and organization skills
• An expert in building networks and connections
• A strong team player
• Familiar with the Asian culture
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.