Some careers have more impact than others.
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Software Delivery enables HSBC to remain at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, customised banking systems. The division provides tailored, cost-competitive and robust banking solutions and services that offer a flexible and scalable framework for delivering projects on time, within budget and at the highest quality, meeting both the current and future IT challenges facing the Group.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as a Business Analyst.
- To maintain close communication with business users and IT teams and coordinate requirement collection and analysis activities
- To work in Global Liquidity & Cash Management (GLCM) domain (in particular on Receivables products and Direct Merchant Acquiring model) and drive the requirements clarification with business, user stories creation and application design, etc.
- To work together with business sales, client implementation and integration team to provide technical support and consultancy when facing off the external parties, including corporate clients and vendor partners
- To participate in development process including requirement gathering, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- To conduct in depth requirement analysis, define and prepare business specification, compile test cases and support business testing
- To assist the Agile product owner to maintain the product backlog in JIRA and help to monitor the progress via daily scrum meetings
- To propose, review business requirements and ensure they align with global standards
- University-level degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field. Qualification in related business discipline is an advantage
- Solid Business Analyst experience with proven track records in Payment Systems, Liquidity and Cash Management projects would be a definite advantage
- Solid domain knowledge in Corporate Banking and Receivables domain for payment collections with external Third Party Payment Gateways / Payment Services providers and Direct Merchant Acquiring proposition would be an advantage
- Solid experience on project execution in Agile, with user stories write-up in JIRA and documentation in Confluence
- Solid technical experience in API, databases/SQL
- Excellent communication skills, able to articulate and drive discussion across business functions and stakeholders
- Strong knowledge and experience of DevOps and Agile discipline and the ability put the discipline into practice
- Excellent problem solving and User support skills
- Strong customer focus and commitment to delivery
- Maintain can do attitude and stay positive towards challenges
- Being open, dependable, connected and align the HSBC values
- Ability in working under pressure
- Able to adapt in global team culture and communication in different locations
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with good command of written and spoken English
- Good command of spoken Mandarin would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capacity to foster partnership among project participants and collaborate with them to ensure successful project delivery
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.