Business Analyst (2-year contract), Strategic Project Management Office
FWD spans Hong Kong & Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 504,000 customers with over 730 staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey.
We are looking for a Business Analyst (2-year contract) who would be offered with a great opportunity to participate in a Core Life System Migration project.
- Elicit requirements, plan & coordinate the collection process, document business needs, conduct requirement walkthrough
- Liaise with end-users and IT teams to facilitate alignment and understanding of requirements between business and IT
- Engage in solution design, apply operational knowledge to validate technical solution of functional enhancements, contribute alternative solutions to meet business needs
- Conduct gap analysis by studying business processes and system functions; gathering information; evaluating tables, field values, outputs, documents
- Work independently in data reconciliation and results comparison from parallel and trial runs of Life administration systems
- Assist in quantitative analysis, data mining and cleansing to support decisions and recommendations to achieve defined outcomes
- Assist in planning and development of test scenarios and cases for UAT in accordance to the project scope and specs
- Perform UAT based on test plan and test scenarios
- Liaise with business and IT to support testing logistics, defect analysis and tracking
The Person :
- 3-5 years' work experience with solid business analysis skills within life insurance industry
- Solid insurance product knowledge; prior exposure to one or more of the following areas would be advantageous: policy administration, claims, IFRS 17, data migration projects
- Proven track record in specifying user requirements and managing User Acceptance Testing
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good command of spoken and written English and Chinese.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Prior exposure to AS400, SQL Capsil, LifeAsia, Ingenium insurance solutions is an advantage.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.