Business Dev Officer, Mortgage & Priority Acqu
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- Support mortgage sales to generate revenue of the Bank by contributing to the sales volume in mortgage business and the delivery of world class service to the clients and referral intermediaries
- To provide full range of administrative and operational support to the entire Mortgage Sales team that to ensure available resources are fully utilized for the goal of delivering professional, efficient and quality service to clients.
- To support mortgage sales on generation business revenue from existing and new clients through referral intermediaries
- To support sales team on achievement / exceeding the assigned monthly / quarterly / yearly targets
People and Talent
- Suggest improvements in sales & service processes to ensure the delivery of world class service and efficiency of the team
- To ensure all transactions are completed accurately and efficiently under the current workflow & operations
- To ensure providing professional, efficient and quality services to clients
- To backup mortgage sales during their absence / annual leave
- To assist grooming and training of new sales staff
- To comply with the Bank's policy and procedures covering regulatory, local and group requirements, e.g. AML/CDD, TCF, G&E and Missing-selling etc
- Understand and adhere to the Bank's Risk policies
- Comply with all requirements in relation to regulatory licensing, such as TR (if applicable), and corresponding accreditation / training requirements stipulated in internal / external guidelines
- Ensure satisfactory audit rating for the unit
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- To assist in performing operations control duties
- To ensure that control procedures outlined in various circular or Procedure Manuals are fully implemented, and ensure staff compliance with the same
- Act as CDD reviewer for the team. Ensure KYC & CDD compliance for all new to bank and existing clients
- Read, understand and comply with all provisions of the Group Code of Conduct
- Ensure the compliance with applicable Money Laundering Prevention procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer and line manager
- To arrange monthly surprise check and ensure all staff to comply with the Bank's compliance requirement
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Sales Support Team, Mortgage & Priority Acquisition to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Retail clients - To acquire business and strengthen SCB main bank relationship
- Credit Initiation/Retail Product & Marketing/Retail Lending Operations - Communication between departments for loan creation, loan approval and loan drawdown
- IT - Monitor the services quality of systems & new hire set up
- To develop, edit and update various MIS report daily/monthly
- To issue Letter Of Confirmation as per requested by mortgage sales
- To control and apply for all equipments, accessories and system access for the team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.