Business Operational Risk Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities & Our Ideal Candidate
- Responsible for understanding the Group's business strategy and its implications for the operational risk management role
- Responsible for maintaining an awareness of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Continuously evaluate and identify operational risk implications of business strategies and programmes, and provide guidance on any operational risk remediation with support from Operational Risk and respective risk owners
- Responsible for supporting initiatives, drove adoption of initiatives at the country level
People and Talent
- Responsible for being key escalation contact for the business for all front office operational risk related incidents and queries that arise
- Responsible for coordinating with stakeholders in the country and with other operational risk managers to increase sharing of key learnings and best practices
- Responsible for the implementation of the Control Sample Testing (CST) process, sampling and testing the population of controls to ensure compliance with agreed control standards, including facilitating the monitoring / collection of any Key Control Indicators (KCIs)
- Responsible for supporting the business in minimizing operational risks and losses, and ensuring material operational losses are investigated to prevent recurrence
- Responsible for coordinating internal and external audit reviews relating to the area of business - liaising with stakeholders to ensure timely / accurate information is provided
- Responsible for driving appropriate culture and values within the team. Setting appropriate tone and expectations for the team, working in collaboration with risk and control partners across all functions
- With the guidance and support from Risk Owner and Process Owner, Continuously identify and evaluate operational risks arising for new products and new business, regulatory and thematic risks, and drive the implementation of appropriate controls to mitigate these risks in country
- Accountable for the development of control enhancements to ensure any known risks are controlled within acceptable boundaries and consistent standards
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Responsible for ensuring adequate governance and oversight over operational risk, through the escalation and appropriate resolution of relevant risk exposures
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.