Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking high caliber professional to join our team as Business Risk and Control Manager. Principal responsibilities
- Support HSIC CCO to properly manage operational risk and all items related (Risk assessments, Control testing and environment, issues and incidents management)
- Support to implement and enforce robust risk governance ensuring stakeholders have visibility of key risks and remediation activity
- Implement and maintain operational risk management in the first line of defense
- Conduct reviews of control performance. Facilitate internal control remediation
- Conduct independent review as and when required. Coordinate Audit Reviews and conduct the related validation
- Manage incident escalation process and management, operational loss reporting and tracking
- Responsible for major incident remediation, work with incident owner to implement remedial actions on a timely basis
- Conduct Deep Dive and Thematic Reviews
- Responsible for the oversight of Cyber and Information Technology Risk and Control activity across HSIC
- Support robust Cyber and IT risk governance and ensure stakeholders to have visibility of key risks and remediation activity
- Safeguard Third Party Risk in compliance with Third Party / Supplier Management / Outsourcing policy
- Ensure compliance of Hang Seng Insurance with Group requirements relating to Business Continuity Plans
- University degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline
- 5 - 10 years' relevant experience in insurance or banking, with exposure to risk control and relevant qualification
- Sound knowledge of retail banking, investment markets, products and regulations, operational risk management, financial crime compliance or other related areas
- Strong business sense, self-motivated with good communication, logical and positive thinking, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen with good problem solving, communication and analytical skills
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective deliverables
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.