Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Business and Reinsurance Analyst, Actuarial. Principal Responsibilities
- Conduct month-end actuarial reporting for reinsurance
- Responsible for on-going reinsurance bill administration and maintain integrity of payments
- Support setup for new product in the reinsurance system, perform UAT testing, and provide regular maintenance, with proper control and documentation
- Support quarterly and annual actuarial report to regular
- Provide support on IFRS 17 and HKRBC data requirement under reinsurance, enhance reinsurance administration system if necessary.
- Assist in ad-hoc projects
- When necessary, provide support in delivering the financial and business analysis for managing the product portfolio of the company
- University graduate or above, preferably major in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Risk Management, Business Administration, Insurance or related disciplines
- Preferred experience in life insurance industry in Hong Kong
- Be a self-motivated, pro-active self-starter with the ability and attributes to act and perform with minimal direction or instruction
- Possess strong interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure
- Strong knowledge of PC application software such as MS Office and Excel. Knowledge of SQL and database management is an advantage
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mind-set to ensure efficient and effective customer service delivery
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.