Do you enjoy watching how company specific news and current events impact the financial markets? Like solving puzzles and working competitively with a team to win? As an Analyst on SIG’s Research team, you will partner with our senior analysts and traders to identify investment opportunities in the equity and options markets. Analysts provide in-depth analysis around future catalyst events and provide real-time opinions on breaking news throughout the trading day. You will be responsible for finding opportunities that other market participants may not be capitalizing on, either by discovering new information or considering existing knowledge from a different perspective.
At SIG, we place a high value on education and development. You will experience this dedication to training firsthand as you work collaboratively with the research analysts and traders on your desk to gain the practical exposure needed to perform your daily responsibilities. You will gain knowledge about options and the decision-making strategies that our traders employ. This role provides the unique opportunity to combine the quantitative aspects of finance with creative problem solving in order to develop trade ideas in a fast-paced proprietary trading environment.
What you’ll be doing:
- Identifying and analysing catalyst events for the stocks or sector under coverage • Providing real-time opinions on breaking news • Performing stock valuation analysis
- Forecasting dividends
- Evaluating special situations such as mergers and acquisitions and other corporate actions
- Collaborating with derivative traders on investment ideas
- Traveling to company events and conferences as required
- Overseas training opportunities are provided
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in financial markets. Progress towards CFA qualification an advantage
- Demonstrable interest in, and knowledge of, equity markets and the macroeconomic environment
- Fluent in Mandarin and English, strong written, analytical, and financial research skills
- Ability to prioritise and complete multiple tasks in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Must be a self-starter, a quick learner, an effective communicator, and resourceful in solving problems
- Familiarity with a trading environment and derivative products preferred
- Willingness to work additional and flexible hours when necessary
Apply -> Quantitative Assessment -> Recruiter Interview -> Case Study -> Interview -> Job Offer
SIG does not post salary information, so any salary information you find online may not be accurate because it was not provided or verified by SIG.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.