HKEX - Exchange Square Shift:
Standard - 40 Hours (Hong Kong SAR) Scheduled Weekly Hours:
40 Worker Type:
Permanent Job Summary:
HKEX is looking for an Associate (1-5+ years' experienced hire), Buyside Institutional Relationship Management and Business Development in the Sales & Marketing Department (SMD), Markets Division. SMD is the department responsible for business development, sales and relationship management to Buyside, Sellside, Proprietary Firm, Market Maker and Custodian client segments to grow HKEX business revenue, increase market share and execute the HKEX corporate strategic plan. The role is responsible for driving HKEX projects and business development initiatives. Job Duties:
- Special focus on Institutional Buyside (Asset Owner, Long Only, Hedge and Quant Funds) to support the team to create and drive targeted, integrated and effective client engagement plans & revenue generating campaigns aligned with business goals and strategies of SMD and HKEX more broadly
- Source, incubate, maintain, and strengthen relationships with key personnel at Buyside client firms, from CEO/COO/CIOs to Trading Desks, PMs, Operations and Data Analysts/Technicians
- Ability to learn market structure and client business challenges and support team in identifying solutions with internal buy-ins & approvals by working across relevant internal HKEX stakeholders such as Product Development teams, Cash & Derivatives Trading Operations teams and HKEX's International Offices
- Work with internal business leads to consistently accomplish assigned projects in an efficient and cost effective manner within approved budget
- Assist in reaching out and collecting feedback from clients on various surveys, questionnaires, and consultations (both official and soft) on behalf of other HKEX stakeholders
- Drive client content through periodic newsletters and updates
Experience and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years of front-office industry experience across HK/China Cash and/or Derivatives markets
- Some experience in dealing with clients. No existing Buyside relationships required
- Ability to support the team to develop and prioritise client engagement strategy aligned with business plans
- Core area of focus in equity and multi-asset driving strategic initiatives and support the sales & distribution effort with respect to institutional and/or retail channels
- Understanding of Asia clients and process flow components, facilitating solutions across Global Equity and China / HK Stock Markets
- A trustworthy and respected self-starter with a willingness to working a team, learn, and drive client business - any/or all of the following: 1) New Clients/New Products; 2) New Clients/Existing Products; 3) Existing Clients/New Products; and 4) Existing Clients/Existing Products
- Language: Written and spoken English fluency for business communication is required. Proficiency in Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a plus
Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Limited (HKEX) is one of the world's major exchange groups, and operates a range of equity, commodity, fixed income and currency markets. HKEX is the world's leading IPO market and as Hong Kong's only securities and derivatives exchange and sole operator of its clearing houses, it is uniquely placed to offer regional and international investors access to Asia's most vibrant markets.
As the global markets leader in the Asian time-zone, we offer a world of opportunities for early careers and experienced hires. Here, we know that diverse thinking fosters better solutions, and we are committed to building an open and dynamic environment which allows our business to innovate and our people to thrive.
Discover the latest career opportunities and programmes at HKEX.
HKEX is committed as an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is one of our core values and we look to support, respect diverse perspectives, abilities, culture and experiences within our workplace.