CIB, Credit Risk - Analyst
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential. Description of Group:
This is a Credit Risk role based in Hong Kong within a team that focuses on 1) corporate finance transactions as well as counterparty credit exposures / relationships for Hong Kong, 2) involvement in Hong Kong location risk governance, and 3) execution of corporate acquisition finance, leveraged finance, bridge loans, share backed finance, and Illiquid finance regionally for Asia Pacific.
The team works closely with business partners from Investment Banking, Global Corporate Banking, Syndicated & Leveraged Finance, Strategic Derivatives, Illiquid Credit Finance, Trading, other Credit teams, and the HK CRO.
The team focuses on due diligence, structuring, negotiation, documentation and determination of risk rating for such transactions along with portfolio management responsibilities post-closing including ongoing credit monitoring and review work. Responsibilities:
• Individual will be expected to provide strong support on end to end execution of transactions including due diligence, credit analysis, financial modeling, structuring, and preparing credit packages across a range of industries.
• Ongoing monitoring and management of the team's portfolio of corporate and FI credit clients.
• Support local legal entity risk management requirements in line with local regulations
• Interact closely with stakeholders including client coverage, product bankers, traders, credit executives, and external & internal legal teams. Skills/ Experience Required:
• Experience - 1-3 years in a credit related role
• Education - Degree in Business Management / Administration, Finance, Economics, or Accounting is preferred
• Ability to provide strong support on detailed due diligence for complex transactions, with strong credit analysis skills
• Proficiency with MS Excel and ability to navigate through complex financial models, as well as other Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook etc.)
• Possesses strong quantitative ability in analyzing and interpreting financial statements, draws well-thought out conclusions from analysis, and is Credit trained
• Knowledge / experience of trade finance, derivative documentation (including ISDA and CSA), as well as familiarity with term sheets / loan documentations is preferred
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements as they apply to financial institutions
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal - fluency in English essential, Mandarin preferred
• Ability to work under tight timelines and multi-task
• Flexible mindset with solution orientation (going beyond identification of risks)
• Active listener and strong teamwork/partnership approach (both with business partners and within Credit)
• Ability to form a credit view and defend it
• Organized, motivated, and proactive, with willingness to take initiative