CIB Legal - Markets & Regulatory Lawyer - Vice President/ Assistant Vice President - Hong Kong
The Hong Kong Markets & Regulatory Legal team is seeking a lawyer tosupport the APAC markets business, with a primary focus on transactional workwithin the Equity Derivatives businesses across APAC. The role requires the lawyer to providecomprehensive legal coverage for the various sales, structuring and trade teamswithin these businesses with a primary focus on providing legal support for theCorporate Equity Derivatives (Strategic Solutions) business. The lawyer is required to work closely withthe business and senior members of the Legal team on all aspects of a broadspectrum of transactions (from margin loans, equity collar financings,monetarization transactions to other bespoke OTC derivative transactions),including initial structuring discussions, advising on legal and regulatoryissues, drafting, reviewing and negotiating bespoke documentation and engagingand supervising external counsel where required. This role also requires thelawyer to be able to proactively spot issues related to the business andparticular transactions, provide commercially pragmatic advice to the businessand work well both within the Markets & Regulatory Legal team and withother functions such as Compliance, Credit, Risk, Operations, Finance and Tax. Candidate Qualifications
- A qualified lawyerfrom a common law jurisdiction with approximately 3 - 8 years PQE and relevantexperience gained at an international law firm and/or a leading financialinstitution
- Strong drafting,negotiation and legal analytical skills with strong attention to detail
- Strong commercialfocus with a solution-driven approach, and the ability to apply and analyse theimplications of regulatory changes to a business environment
- Solid businesspartnership skills, with the ability to lead the business and set a clear directionin relation to managing regulatory change
- Outstanding technicallegal and communication skills, including the ability to present clear andconcise legal advice to the highest standard, and conduct trainings/workshops
- Ability to managecompeting priorities, project-manage and co-ordinate large projects, in adynamic global environment.
- Ability to applytechnical product knowledge and experience to complex and innovativetransactions and products
- Team player,confident and proactive with strong interpersonal skills
Attorneys must be licensed to practice law and a memberin good standing or otherwise eligible to practice law in the jurisdiction inwhich the position is based.