CIB Operations - Settlement Analyst - Hong Kong
About J.P. Morgan Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $18 trillion of assets under custody and $393 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Securities Operations is the function that provides both Custody and Clearance services for J. P. Morgan clients. Custody includes trade settlement and servicing of securities on behalf of clients whose funds are held in custodial care.
Overview of Role
Direct Custody Settlements Operations is responsible for accurate and timely processing of full trade cycle in the local Hong Kong market including Stock Connect and Bond Connect. The department interfaces directly with the local market entities including depository, counterparties and regulators as well as JPMorgan lines of businesses including Treasury, Investment Bank and clients. The department also covers end to end custodian services like account opening, reference data, reconciliation, fee billing, corporate actions and FX.
Business As Usual Management
- The candidate will be part of a team responsible for the settlements of Hong Kong market transactions including Stock Connect and Bond Connect including exceptions management for buy in and fail trades
- Work as a team to help strengthen the Trade product to minimise risk and maximise efficiency to facilitate growth
- Ensure all daily controls and processing are completed and signed off. Exceptions are handled and escalated quickly.
- Cash and stock break management
- Ensure adherence to global escalation policies, maintain up to date awareness of risk policies and procedures, attest to operational procedures at required intervals and actively comply with ethics and behaviour standards
- Current or previous custodian business experience in the local Hong Kong market including market systems and interfaces highly preferred; candidates from either Global Custodian or other relevant Financial party would be considered
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Good time management skills with ability to organize own day.
- Capable of working under pressure and to cope with changing volumes, whilst maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Team player with excellent problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Prior knowledge on robotics and process automation (RPA) would be desirable.
- Good knowledge in MS Office Suite applications - MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Keen learner with drive, enthusiasm and ability to motivate others.
- Flexibility in working hours is a must as there will be work rotational shifts with occasional requirement to cover bank holidays.
- Strong Risk and Control Awareness: Ability to effectively prioritize workloads and work to critical deadlines
- Candidates with more or less experience are welcome to apply as they will be considered for other suitable roles within the team.