Chief Operating Officer (COO)
Location: Hong Kong
A well-established fund house with more than 10+ years presence and billions of AUM is starting another Fund.
Started by industry veterans that are instantaneously recognisable within the Banking and Finance industry, the role of Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a newly created role with this new start-up fund.
Ideally you will be eligible to be or is an existing SFC Licensed Type 9 Responsible Officer (RO) with substantial Funds Operations, Middle and Back Office experience.
This is a start-up scenario and the person will be required to under-take multiple roles: coverage and setting up of Operations, Middle, Back Office, IT/ Technology, HR and Legal & Compliance functions.
The person must be adept in learning independently and coming up with solutions and work-rounds to issues which may be new and arise unexpectedly.
The position holder will be the ultimate reporting line for all back-office fund and office operations.
Core requirements of the role:
• Work closely working with CEO and CIO on all business aspects
• Ensure smooth hedge fund operations, including but not limited to preparing FRR, budgeting reports, full set of financial statement, fund audits, trade processing, AML/KYC check, subscription/redemption request, compliance reports, etc.
• Review, streamline and improve the current operation process
• Be the key reporting line for Finance & operation, IT and HR functions - setting up targets, procedures, maintaining the operations and being the one of the decision makers
• Act as the RO (MIC) initially for compliance and SFC Licensing matters.
• Work closely with auditors, banks, lawyers, PBs and other service providers Key elements to be successful
• Relevant working experience in prestigious financial institutions • Excellent knowledge about asset management operation process
• Senior management experience
• Fluent in English, Cantonese and Mandarin
Likely background of the successful candidate:
Please send an updated resume in English to:
ec AT harbridgepartners DOT com
addressing your application to retained consultants: Edward Chen or Douglas Au
Thank yuo fo considering this opportunity