• Deliver sharp and transparent order execution under portfolio manager instructions for client portfolios. Effectively analyze and plan the best approach to achieve best execution outcome. Frequent US-hour execution is expected of this role.
• Strict adherence to trading and compliance policies as the first line of defense with a strong sense of fiduciary duty.
• Manage counterparty relationships and ensure smooth trade life cycle is completed, as well as identify ways to improve market access.
• Timely and efficient delivery of market intelligence to investment teams as inputs into broad investment process.
• Keep up with new market and regulatory developments, with corresponding expansion of knowledge and skillsets to support business priorities.
• Minimum five years’ experience in fixed income execution. Candidates with broader experience in foreign exchange, cash equities, and derivatives will be favorably considered.
• Strong technical knowledge of global market configuration, especially in global credits including investment grade and high yield bonds predominantly traded in US, Europe and Asia.
• Expert knowledge of fixed income trading systems including Bloomberg, MarketAxess and TradeWeb, with demonstrated ability to utilize available market information to assess market liquidity in varying conditions.
• Hands-on experience in electronic trading as well as voice trading.
Personal attributes and skillset required:
• Professional work ethic and behavior. Strong personal integrity is paramount.
• Flexible, pro-active, responsive and self-starting personality with expert attention to detail.
• Working proficiency in English and Mandarin, with good communication and problem-solving skills.
• Highly organized and excellent ability to multi-task.
• Desire and ability to work in a collaborative and intensive team environment with a roll-up your sleeves attitude.
• Ability to develop and train colleagues as required.
Please apply in confidence with full resume, current and expected salary to
**Personal Data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only**
Conning (www.conning.com) is a leading global investment management firm with a long history of serving the insurance industry. Conning supports institutional investors with investment solutions, asset management offerings, risk analytics and consulting services. Founded in 1912, Conning manages $145 billion* in global assets through its offices in Asia, Europe and North America.
Conning’s mission is to enhance the financial strength of its clients by delivering strong investment results, customized solutions, and exceptional service. The company's unique combination of asset management and risk analytics tools help insurance clients achieve their financial goals through customized business and investment strategies.
*As of June 30, 2019, represents the combined global assets under management for the affiliated firms under Conning Holdings Limited, Cathay Securities Investment Trust Co., Ltd. (“SITE”) and Global Evolution Fondsmæglerselskab A/S and its group of companies (the “Global Evolution Companies”). The Global Evolution Companies are affiliates of Conning. SITE reports internally into Conning Asia Pacific Limited, but is a separate legal entity under Cathay Financial Holding Co., Ltd. which is the ultimate controlling parent of all Conning controlled entities.