Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Insurance
Hang Seng Bank was one of Hong Kong's bancassurance pioneers with insurance business footprint started since 1965. Over the years, Hang Seng Bank has been committed to serve its customers by providing full spectrum of insurance products including Life Insurance manufacturing, distribution of General Insurance and Medical products, and MPF business.
Insurance is a fast-growing business and is one of the key drivers of Hang Seng Bank. As a well-established insurance entity, we take care of every need of our customers with an optimized service excellence through the Bank's retail and commercial network, with a dedicated team of professionals in place.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Chief Administration Officer. Principal Responsibilities
- Lead the Chief Administration Office of Insurance Operations Department
- Deliver and maintain proper governance in compliance with internal policies & guidelines and relevant regulatory requirement, including third-party governance and outsourcing
- Handle and manage Regulatory Compliance Risk Assurance Review 'RCRA'
- Deputize HSIC COO to join the Governance Management Meetings as and when required
- Manage the development and implementation of group-wide policy, standards, guidelines and procedures and monitor compliance
- Support the coordination, agreement and implementation of strategic plans - capacity planning, rolling operating plans, cost saving targets and the implementation of COO Strategy
- Prepare objectives, scorecards and commentary on progress and performance on an ongoing basis
- Coordinate the agreement and implementation of strategic sustainability plans for Insurance, in support of the Group Corporate Sustainability function
- Develop and implement Insurance COO Communications plan, in conjunction with Group Communications
- Oversee activities such as disseminating information, draft presentations and documents file and document management
- Oversee and ensuring that administrative tasks and systems updating activities are in line with procedures which operate in the respective area
- Monitor Service Level Agreements and take ownership to address shortfalls or unexpected events
- Manage and plan work schedules to ensure optimum coverage for stakeholders
- Ensure that team members are equipped with systems, resources and expertise to support stakeholders
- Manage the provision of developmental activity for team members
- University degree in Business Administration, Insurance or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years' relevant experience in banking and financial services including business administration related role in a financial institution (relevant experience in an insurance entity is highly preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years' managerial experience
- Proven project management experience with ability to influence staff at different levels
- Awareness of local regulations in related to financial & insurance industry and an effective and pragmatic response to address the resulting requirement
- Ability to build relations with local management and positively influence outcomes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work under pressure
- Proficiency in both English and Chinese
- Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
If you would like to explore other opportunities at Hang Seng Hong Kong, please visit www.hangseng.com/careers/ for details.
The health and safety of our employees and candidates is very important to us. Due to the current situation related to the Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), we're leveraging our digital capabilities to ensure we can continue to recruit top talent at the HSBC Group. As your application progresses, you may be asked to use one of our digital tools to help you through your recruitment journey. If so, one of our Resourcing colleagues will explain how our video-interviewing technology will be used throughout the recruitment process and will be on hand to answer any questions you might have.