The Role Responsibilities Job Summary
This is a senior and strategic role with a focus on growing our client-focused community with our business stakeholder.
The role also provides extensive exposure to senior management as well as Property management teams.
- To strategically support Global Head of Property in delivering of the functional strategy and agenda.
- The role is focused on supporting in driving functional performance / results through
- facilitating the implementation of Bank-wide and Property initiatives
- supporting discussions and decision-making at various forums / committees
- delivering efficiency, change, and functional performance agendas
- maintaining rigorous cost and investment discipline across the function
- connecting with multiple markets and workstreams and reviewing optimal operating rhythm
- To support the Global Head of Property in the articulation and delivery of strategic initiatives including enabling the timely execution and progress of key strategic programmes.
- Proactively track and measure the performance of the function in delivering the strategic agenda, and identify gaps and actions required to deliver the agenda.
- Support the implementation of the various transformation projects across the region and relevant businesses.
- Assisting with design and refresh of strategic plans by closely working with Regional and Global teams.
- Drive alignment of objectives and scorecard metrics to strategic goals.
- Day-to-day business management for the Property, including monitoring and tracking of functional performance, budgets, client related matters and establishing and maintaining appropriate processes/mechanisms for efficient tracking and monitoring.
- Responsible to support GHoP to execute Corporate Plan including the delivery of the property scorecard objectives and outcomes aligned to strategic goals of Workplace Experience, Safety, Efficiency and Sustainability.
- Responsible to support GHoP the development and delivery of Asia property strategies, influencing key geographic and business stakeholders to ensure optimal solutions are implemented.
- Prepare reports, presentations, papers, and review material to support discussions and decision making at various GCFO forums.
- Take responsibility for the planning, co-ordination and project management ad-hoc and confidential initiatives run by GHoP.
- Support business engagements with other teams / partners / peers in the Bank.
People and Talent
- Support the GHoP at relevant committees by reviewing papers and providing analysis of the content to ensure that key issues / risks / insights are highlighted.
- Support GHoP ahead of material issues and act as the point of contact to help manage issues / solve problems.
- Supporting GHoP and Property COO on people management in the areas of resourcing, talent development, performance management, learning and development and engagement, in accordance with frameworks and standards set by Group.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Assist GHoP on the team structure / capacity plans regularly and feed opportunities into Property TOM refresh.
- Support GHoP and Property COO in embedding any organisation structure changes from time to time.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group and Regions operates and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Review and enhance Regional Property Forum in all 3 regions.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the business management function to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles. Fair Outcomes for Clients, Effective Financial Markets, Financial Crime Compliance, The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Embed the Group's values and code of conduct to ensure that adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees form part of the culture.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Global Head of Property and Global Property Management Team
- Global and Regional Business and Functional Heads
- Global and Regional Management Team
Our Ideal Candidate
- Prepare ad hoc presentations and related work as requested by GHoP.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Postgraduate / Professionally certified with a minimum of 10 years of experience.
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritise issues and resolve them efficiently.
- Mature self-starter who can quickly get up to speed and take a strategic view.
- Ability to work on broad strategic projects as well as day-to-day process-oriented tasks.
- Strong organisational skills and process discipline to drive multiple agendas.
- Flexibility and responsiveness to handle changing priorities and urgent requests from senior management.
- Ability to engage stakeholders well in both a one-to-one relationship and team environment.
- Demonstrable track record of showing good quality judgement and acting with integrity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Multi-cultural awareness. Proven success of working effectively with people of different backgrounds.
- Knowledge of the facilities / real estate market as well as a keen understanding of customer service principles.
- Demonstrated resourcefulness in seeking out market opportunities and leveraging supplier base to maximum advantage.
- Experience of working in the geographic / functional matrix.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
About Standard Chartered
- Effective Communications.
- Planning: Strategic and Tactical.
- Strong Business Acumen and Story Telling.
- Influencing through expertise.
- Organised and structured thinking.
- MS Office - Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel.
- Understanding of Corporate Real Estate Products.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers