Client Onboarding Officer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
This role will be focused on supporting Private Bank Relationship Managers (RMs) with activities and services for the Client Onboarding process. Scope of the role includes Client Due Diligence (CDD) process including but not limited to Client Profiling, Source-of-Wealth (SoW), Client Documentation, Background Screening, Identification of risks factors such as Sanctions, Tax, PEP, Reputational and Sustainability Risk. Role requires working closely with Front Office and provide them guidance CDD requirements.
• You shall act as Case Manager and have full ownership to follow through new account opening requests, liaising with Front Office, Compliance and Operations teams.
• You shall provide end to end guidance to the RMs on KYC requirements for their prospects / clients based on Bank's policy and guidelines.
• You shall ensure that your KYC / SoW knowledge is up-to-date and in alignment with bank's policies, procedures as well as regulatory requirements and provide mentorship and support to front office on corroboration as well as plausibility.
• You shall timely intensify high risk matters or regulatory questions to the concerned Compliance team within the bank.
• You shall keep up-to-date knowledge about the latest KYC regulations including but not limited to MAS, HKMA, FATF and Wolfsburg Standards.
• You shall take ownership of relevant KYC procedures of the bank and ensure that they are updated on a timely basis.
• You shall participate in change-the-bank activities & projects in line with the Private Bank's strategic objectives and vision.
• You are expected deliver continuous process-improvements by striking a right balance between controls and efficiencies in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment
• You shall be responsible for document retention prior to the upload into the Bank's repository and related administrative tasks required to meet Credit-Suisse onboarding requirements
• You shall work collaboratively with all actors in the on-boarding process and maintain very good relationships with the Front Office as well as Compliance colleagues.
Your future colleagues
Private Banking Client Onboarding Services (COBS) team in APAC Business Processing Services (BPS) is a one stop shop that supports Front Office with the relationship onboarding process.
The department values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural values. You Offer
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in KYC/CDD or AML in Private Banking/Wealth Management
- Have a strong understanding of AML/CFT regulations in Asia including knowledge of client profiling, documentation and background screening.
- Relevant academic qualifications: University Graduate with Bachelor of Law/ Accounting/ Finance / Business/ Economics
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Outstanding analytical ability and problem solver who can think out of the box
- A team-player who is committed to service delivery perfection and always has the bank and clients' best interests in mind
- Demonstrate the capability to build and maintain positive relationships at all level with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Compliance and Regulatory Affairs
- Chinese language proficiency will be advantageous as you may be required to support clients with China nexus where proficiency of Chinese language would be relevant.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Proficient in using MS Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.