See job description for details
Client Regulatory Services (CRS) is an operations organization within Shared Service and Banking Operations (SSBO). The team is responsible for regulatory program adherence at on-boarding of new and existing clients, refresh-related requirements, and ongoing client and delivery instructions screening for Negative Media, Politically Exposed Pearson's (PEPs) and Sanctions. The CRS organization covers these activities for the Institutional Securities Group, Investment Banking, International Wealth Management and Morgan Stanley Investment Management businesses globally. CRS have a global footprint with offices in Hong Kong, Bangalore, Tokyo, Budapest, London, Baltimore and New York.
The person for this position will perform a combination of the above listed functions to support Private Wealth Management business in the Asia Pacific region.
The duties of the role will include a combination of the following:
- Perform Client Due Diligence review in support of the Firm's existing client regular review in accordance with the applicable regulatory program requirements, including UK, MAS and HKMA
- Update Firm systems and databases with information and documentation as obtained from clients in a timely and accurate manner
- Handle inquiries and ad hoc requests from internal clients including Compliance, and Business Management, where required
- Actively engage with business, client onboarding teams, Compliance and Operations during the life cycle of the review starting from a request is received to completing a review.
- Liaising with front line relationship managers on the progress of the clients periodic refresh status, and providing guidance and clarification to them on the requirements
- Ability to handle volume spikes and prioritize work including ad-hoc requests and projects to meet business demands in a timely manner
- Deliver with quality, accuracy and timeliness with at expected throughput rates
- Perform remediation work where needed
- Provide status updates to management on a regular basis to create transparency and to reduce risks.
- Respond to changes driven by trigger events e.g. client org change, new directors and
gather any additional information required by those changes
- Validate changes, assess impact, communicate and execute changes where needed Qualifications:
Required: EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strong attention to detail and research/investigative skills
- Ability to interact effectively with Business Units, Compliance, global colleagues and build effective working relationships
- Ability to work independently and meet the business deadlines with accuracy, handle trouble shooting to mitigate risks
- Multi-tasking to handle various business demands
- Must have strong written and verbal English and Chinese skills with ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Ability to manage pressure and stressful business demands
- Team work, Collaboration, Responsiveness and demonstrate accountability & ownership
- Quick learning ability to understand policies, procedures, systems, process and controls
- Minimum of 2 year of experience in client on-boarding or periodic review
- Other Asian language skill is a plus, but not required
- Familiarity with CDD and KYC regulatory requirement is a plus