Commercial Bank - Client Onboarding Team Lead - Vice President
The Client Onboarding Sr Mgr accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for customer interaction, documentation issuance, review and system setups.
- Demonstrates high level of diligence, motivation and organizational skills.
- Focuses on timely and accurate delivery of all account opening functions, as well as delivering superior customer service and resolution of customer issues.
- Performs day to day management of the account opening and maintenance processing, including daily management of in-process, pended, and service related activities, ensuring account opening requirements are clearly defined to support all scenarios of account opening and maintenance requirements, to include delivery of very high quality service to customers and internal partners.
- Responsible for various types of project management in the account services space, and managing cross-functional relationships with all teams.
- Determines new work procedures, analyzes complex and variable issues with significant departmental impact.
- Supports the planning and hire of right set of people, train, guide, coach, develop and appraise and reward people based on meritocracy.
- Supports the motivation of staff through constant interaction with the team.
- Encourages cross functional training for staffs to enrich their skill base.
- Optimizes manpower to achieve higher productivity levels. Identifies and develops high performers for next level jobs/mid management position. Ensures team delivers as per service level agreements.
- Understands client requirements and implements them correctly. Understands new customer requirements and ensures adequate support to new customer requirements and initiatives.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and service level and drives process changes. Provides innovative solutions to clients.
- Ensures a robust processing environment with effective controls. Establishes risk management practice.
- Maintains a culture of risk and controls in the team through various processes and check points. Identifies means to reduce transaction defects (internal and external). Develops performance matrices to track defects, productivity. Ensures clean audit results.
- Efficiently and effectively manages new projects and ensures smooth cutover with minimized risks.
- Engages in project planning including cost management. Develops training content, training materials, trackers for the migration.
- Supports training for new staff. Develops job descriptions for hiring. Manages subordinate supervisors and project staff. Manages occasionally complex and variable issues with significant departmental impact.
- Shares responsibility for budget, policy formulation and short-term resource planning. Maintains appropriate staffing /hiring requirements to meet operational needs. Responsible for all training and development needs for assigned personnel.
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, promotions, terminations, etc.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years of experience in documentation review, account maintenance and process management.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or economics.
- Good interpersonal communication skills. Able to communicate with internal and external business partners.
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated Project management skill including financial cost management skills.
- Advanced execution skills in a multi-tasking mode. Exposure to Customer Service and handling of system, testing and rollouts.
- Ability to achieve business objectives without compromising on controls and risk parameters established. Ability to interact confidently with senior management and / or regulators. Ability to coach and develop people, identifying and retaining talent. Able to partner with businesses and other support functions at senior levels in setting strategy and priorities. Able to strive under pressure and covert opportunity from risk. Should be open to working staggered hour /shift / over weekend and on public holidays. To ensure excellent rapport with internal stakeholders including peers and seniors and duly provide inputs to the team and ensure timely resolution of all issues, wherever there are business risks and the issues need to get addressed such cases should be raised to the senior's forum for appropriate action and advice.
- Proficient knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
The incumbent is to lead and orchestra seamless migration of the onboarding model from CCB to ASO in terms of people movement, process migration and communication with stakeholders.
Post migration this role will report into ASO. Job Family Group:
Customer Service Job Family:
Institutional Client Onboarding Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting