Job description A Career with Hang Seng Bank
Hang Seng is committed to service excellence. Our people are our most important asset and play a vital role in our efforts to continually enhance our performance for customers and provide best-in-class products and services. We seek to attract high-calibre talent by offering a dynamic working environment, good career development opportunities and competitive compensation packages. Company Secretarial Assistant Manager
Corporate Governance and Secretariate function comprises qualified lawyer, chartered company secretaries and executives of high caliber. We work as a team, with a mission to provide comprehensive and professional company secretarial services and advice to the Board and Board Committees as well as Senior Management of Hang Seng Group, with reference to best-in-class corporate governance practices, to facilitate the Bank in achieving long-term and sustainable success.
As a member of our Function, you will have the opportunity to leverage your professional company secretarial knowledge and gain valuable exposure and insights into the Bank's strategic, business and operational aspects. With the Bank being part of the HSBC Group, you will also benefit from the sharing of experience and best practices of the HSBC Group which has set a high standard of corporate governance by adoption of international best practices.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our department as Company Secretarial Assistant Manager
. Principal responsibilities
• Assist in the organization of and provide company secretariat support of the Bank , including contribute to agenda planning, collating accurate and precise meeting papers, take and draft minutes, and organise the logistical arrangement.
• Support board support function and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in organising and collate accurate and corporate records for Hand Seng companies, subsidiaries and branches of the Bank.
• Manage itinerary of meetings and events for Company Secretary, Directors and Senior Management.
• Support and administer the corporate governance policy, including maintenance of policy templates and guidance documentation and serving as the primary contact for advice on policies.
• Support ad hoc assignments for the Corporate Governance & Secretariat function.
• Keep abreast of the changes in regulations/laws/Listing Rules insofar as the same relate to company secretarial and corporate governance and devise action plans for compliance Requirements
• University degree in Business Management, Company Secretaries or the relevant subjects.
• Associate member of The Hong Kong Chartered Governance Institute.
• 5 years of post-qualification experience in corporate governance and company secretarial.
• Previous working experience from a bank is an advantage but not mandatory.
• Strong inter-personal communication and analytical skills with fluency in both English and Chinese.
• High level of ownership and servicing mindset with dedication to delivering exceptional service quality and strong capability to think out of the box.
• Good knowledge of computer applications, including MS Excel and Word.
• Great sense of ownership and servicing mindset to ensure efficient and effective customer service processes
Visit Hang Seng Career Page and sign up with our Talent Community to receive the latest information about our career opportunities in Hang Seng Hong Kong.