Hong Kong AML FIU Purpose of Role:
To monitor corporate and/or retail banking client transactions to detect any suspicions of money laundering or terrorist financing activity. Key responsibilities
Requirements Skills and competencies:
- Perform AML investigations for the country team with adherence to the FIU operating procedures and local regulations.
- Responsible for the appropriate collection and analysis of documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Interact with relevant units and the business in regards to investigations, as well as other ad-hoc projects.
- Recommend filing of SARs as appropriate, and track recommendations and account closures, as required.
- Manage AML investigation volumes and address/escalate potential issues when appropriate.
- Assist in the execution of Manager's Control Assessment (self-assessment).
- Provide country specific AML investigation/SAR metrics related metrics to the oversight team.
- Identify and escalate potential risks to FIU lead.
- Ability to work independently, initiate actions and complete tasks with limited direction
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good at decision making
- Strong sense of responsibility and well-organized
- Proficient computer skills, with knowledge of data analytic tools is a bonus
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in both English and Chinese language
- 3years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of AML and regulations
FOR YOUR AWARENESS: We are implementing the Vaccine Pass in accordance with the guidance of the HKMA, effective April 1, 2022.All Citi staff will be required to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption to enter Citi premises.To comply with this, the successful candidate must be either vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid medical exemption. Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's Degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Compliance and Control Job Family:
AML Compliance & Risk Mgmt Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting