Location: Hong Kong: One of the pre-eminent, specialist boutique compliance consultancies, with an enviable list of clienteles is looking to expand it's buy-side / Hedge Funds' alternative investment consulting team, based in Hong Kong. Prior experience with Mainland Asset Management firms and native level spoken/ written Chinese is a distinct advantage. Immediate Availability is preferred. NO travelling required.
Our client is looking to hire a Compliance Consultant (Regulatory)- Buy Side Firms for the APAC region, the position will report to a top, well established Managing Partner of a top buy-side regualtory consultancy.
Experienced conpliance professionals or para-legal professionals with SFC Types 1,4,6 or 9 licensing application experience will be highly appraised.
The incumbent would have experience in managing clients compliance projects or have worked in-house within the buy-side/ HF/ PE or Asset Management space- ideally with native level Mandarin speaking and writitng skills. , and
You will be versed with general SFC compliance enquiries and can learn and research regualotry matters independently or part of a team matters.
- Act as the liaison person to interact with regulators and other financial services regulatory agencies for buy-side Clients of this consultancy.
- Assist in the coordination of regulatory inspections, self-assessments, and regulatory surveys for APAC entities to ensure timely and quality submissions
- Assist in the information gathering and drafting of written responses to regulatory enquiries, questionnaires, and consultations for APAC entities.
- Keep abreast of new regulations and updates and disseminate regulatory notices, circulars, and other regulatory developments to management, compliance teams within APAC region and relevant stakeholders.
- Assist in monitor progress of remediation exercise to ensure completeness.
- Assist in the co-ordination and handling of Compliance related requests from internal and external auditors for mainly Mainalnd financial services and buy-side entities in the HK/APAC region.
- University qualification in a relevant discipline ideally gained in a top jurisidction such as Hong Kong, SIngapore or Western Hemisphere Universities - economics, law or accounting degree preferred.
- Familiarity with the regulatory process, rules and codes related to Hong Kong, mainland China and Singapore ideally.
- Proven experience and track record at a financial services’ consultancy, regulatory agency, exchange or licensed financial services firm.
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and work independently in a dynamic and fast pace working environment
- Comfortable with computers and technology and understanding of how technology is applied to business and regulatory problems.
- Good Microsoft office skills (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a small-team environment and to multi-task with minimal supervisory;
- A “can do” attitude with a willingness to learn.
- Must be native level inMandarin with some fleuncy in spoken or written English and ideally any other Asian language would be a benefit.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE should be willing to able to start immediately.
Work Benefits/ Work Environment:
- International and friendly company culture.
- Competitive year-end bonus.
- Great annual leave package
- Great Career progression.
- Medical and Dental Insurance Coverage
For further information, please send an updated resume to:
cv (AT) harbridgepartners (DOT) com