Macquarie is a diverse and innovative global financial services group operating in 33 markets, including 11 in Asia. The diversity of our operations, combined with a strong capital position and robust risk management framework, has contributed to our 52-year record of unbroken profitability
In this role you will join our Compliance Division, which is part of the Risk Management Group. You'll play a key role supporting senior team members across the region through identifying, reviewing and analysing data relevant to managing our Compliance risks in the region to inform and drive our Compliance strategies and operations. In addition, you will help design and implement best practice risk management processes and controls to improve our effectiveness and achieve consistency throughout the region.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participating in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of quality Compliance reports and dashboards, including focused analysis, trends, and summaries of issues
- Defining appropriate regulatory and compliance metrics to provide pertinent information and trends for senior management
- Seeking opportunities to optimize data collection/reporting processes and automate workflows
- Shaping the development of training material and templates to assist the regional Compliance team in understanding and using relevant tools and information
- Developing and implementing regional processes and controls to support regional Compliance officers
- Contributing to regional and global projects/initiatives.
Previous Regulatory Compliance experience is not mandatory but would be advantageous. You will understand the role Compliance plays and ideally have financial services or big 4/consulting experience.
You will be a self-motivated and resilient with good interpersonal skills, who enjoys working as part of a diverse and engaged team. You will be committed to continuous improvement and finding innovative solutions, with a genuine interest in the regulatory environment and trends which impact financial services. To be successful in the role, your technical skills should include:
About the Risk Management Group
- Good organisational skills and capability to contribute to multiple projects at one time
- Knowledge and experience in project and risk management methodologies and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in a data analytics/reporting/management information role
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), experience with the following technologies: Tableau/Power BI, Alteryx, Cognos, SharePoint development would be a benefit.
The Risk Management Group (RMG) is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Behavioural Risk, Compliance, Credit, Financial Crime Risk, Internal Audit, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, and RMG Enterprise Support. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths. An inclusive and equitable environment enables us to deliver innovative and sustainable outcomes for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. From day one, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future' is as inspiring to you as it is to us, please apply. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways.
We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity, equity and inclusion. We encourage candidates to speak with a member of our recruitment team if you require adjustments to our recruitment process to support you, and the type of working arrangements that would help you thrive.