Compliance Risk Management Director - Central Compliance Hong Kong Head
Serves as a senior compliance risk manager for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protects the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework. Responsibilities:
- Directing the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Translating ICRM strategy and goals across Citi's clients, products and geographies in a succinct and clear manner; providing direction and guidance on the programs.
- Managing a team or multiple teams of Compliance professionals. Developing, attracting, and retaining talent; recommending staffing levels required to carry out the unit's role and responsibilities effectively while establishing and adhering to talent management processes and compensation and performance management programs.
- Providing oversight and guidance over the assessment of complex issues, structures potential solutions and drives effective resolution with other stakeholders.
- Overseeing the identification and assessment of Citi's key compliance risks. Ensuring compliance risks within Citi are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled, consistent with the bank's risk appetite statement and all policies and processes established within the risk governance framework.
- Developing and establishing firm wide compliance risk management policies and procedures to mitigate risks. Monitors and measures compliance risk through a robust control framework and ensures that reviews are conducted consistently across each entity on a regular basis to confirm that controls identified are operating effectively.
- Working collaboratively with Citi business/functional line management in recommending, developing and executing on business initiatives within permissible statutory and regulatory frameworks.
- Representing Citi on critical regulatory matters as required. Serving as liaison with regulatory examiners, Internal Audit, and external auditors on critical Compliance issues and overseeing the implementation of related remediation.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Manage the Regulatory Inventory Change Management process and Regulatory Change update, work with various compliance teams to ensure the update is done timely, and impact assessment completed. Also manage the regulatory visits database. Need to ensure coverage for the multiple regulators in Hong Kong.
- Prepare regulatory/compliance reporting to key governance forums, including to the various Boards.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with peers and colleagues in Compliance and other Global Functions in support of strengthening our compliance culture; and provide coordinated cross- functional support.
- Lead and manage central compliance tasks for country including Anti-bribery and Corruption, Mandatory Absence Policy, Conduct Risks, Third Party management, Data Privacy and various compliance matters. Work closely with Product Compliance to accomplish these tasks.
- Work closely with global and region compliance to execute Prudential Enterprise wide regulations compliance, employee trading and surveillance, and training follow up.
- Responsible for Policy management and work closely with the business to ensure the policy list is updated.
- Manage the Central Compliance team based in the Philippines
- Coordinate regulatory examinations with relevant business units and compliance counter-parts. Manage the Regulatory examination database, issue tracking and CAP tracking.
- Support in coordinating submission to regulators to support the business as required.
- Manage the Country Licensing activities of individual licensed staff, and ensure the relevant reporting requirements to regulators.
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Excellent written, verbal and analytical skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with senior leaders
- Significant knowledge and expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and appropriate controls
- Experience in the design and implementation of Compliance programs
- Demonstrated ability to assess complex issues through root cause analysis and other analytical techniques; structure potential solutions; drive to resolution with senior stakeholders
- Ability to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level using sound judgment and successful execution, understanding how to operate effectively across diverse businesses
- Experience with and previous exposure to internal or external control functions and regulators
- Ability to challenge business management and escalate issues when appropriate
- Strong track record of effectively assessing and managing competing priorities
- Comfort navigating complex, highly-matrixed organizations
- Comfortable acting as an agent for positive change with agility and flexibility
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views.
- Strong presentation and relationship management skills are essential
- Subject matter expertise in area of focus
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; extensive experience in area of focus; previous experience managing a diverse staff
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - HK------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .