Compliance, Securities Division Compliance, Analyst, Hong Kong
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Securities Division Compliance is located on the Trading Floor and is responsible for comprehensively identifying and managing the regulatory, legal and reputational risks of the Securities Division. The role is focused on providing Compliance coverage for the FICC Division's functions (such as sales, trading, and principal investment) and products (such as fixed income securities and credit derivatives, FICC-equity hybrid products, currencies, commodities, options, futures, and swaps). This is an opportunity for a responsible team player without Compliance experience to become a Compliance professional while working on challenging tasks and, depending on their particular responsibilities, interact with sales people and traders as well as other Goldman Sachs compliance and legal professionals, both in and outside Japan.
The primary responsibilities of Securities Division Compliance are:
• Review daily trade surveillance reports
• Identifying and investigating suspicious activities
• Develop compliance-related policies and procedures
• Develop and implement compliance training
• Give advice to Securities Division personnel on compliance issues regarding transactions, new products, errors, etc.
• Interface with regulatory authorities regarding regulatory inspections, questions on regulations, lobbying for regulatory change, etc.
• Identify and manage regulatory, legal and reputational risks
The actual responsibilities assigned to the successful candidate will depend on their experience and the needs of Securities Division Compliance at the time. Candidates who stay in Securities Division Compliance will, over time, have the opportunity to engage in most or all of the activities above.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS • Good communication skills
• Fluency in English and Chinese both in written and verbal.
• Desire to work on the trading floor, sometimes interacting directly with salespersons and traders in an often fast-moving environment
• Proactive attitude ("self-starter")
• Ability to think through issues logically and make decisions on their own, and make necessary escalation
• Good PC skills
• Attention to detail
• No compliance experience necessary, but candidates with experience with fixed income and/or derivatives are encouraged to apply.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.