The AML Compliance Officer has the responsibility of managing and maintaining the Bank’s regulatory obligations relating to money laundering and terrorist financing activities This role will ensure all client KYC records are compliant with regulatory standards and will ensure high quality and timely completion of all client-level due diligence requirements during the life cycle of client relationships. The AML Compliance Officer will own the end-to-end review process of existing clients by gathering of client KYC documents and make independent recommendations regarding AML risk at a client level.
- Identify, research for and investigate the patterns, trends and anomalies in complex transactional and customer data to detect, prevent, mitigate and report suspicious activity related to money laundering, terrorist financing and structuring.
- Perform transaction monitoring after account activation; ensure timely escalation of alerts and file Suspicious Transaction Reports (STR) appropriately
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring on client relationship, for example, name screening review & assessment, client data maintenance and MIS reporting.
- Provide AML and transaction monitoring advisory/ recommendations to the Business and Support functions
- Assist Head Office to assure the Hong Kong business is in compliance with the standard required by the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority (HKMA)
- Report control results and provide control reviews to senior management/Head Office on a timely basis
- Provide AML training to enhance staff’s risk awareness and Compliance culture
- Participate in the development, implementation and/or maintenance of processes and procedures to ensure compliance with current regulatory guidance, industry practice and BOS policy
- Participate in the development, testing, training and implementation of new or enhanced processes or applications/ tools
- Review and identify changes in anti-money laundering regulations; assess potential impact on existing policies/procedures and policy implementation
- Support the preparation/follow-up on internal/external audit and regulatory inspection
- Provide other necessary assistance as required by Compliance team
- Bachelor degree holder or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of Hong Kong banking compliance related experience
- Familiar with Private Banking activities but working track record will be taken into account
- Good knowledge of HKMA AML rules, regulations and guidelines; commitment to the principles of the AML regime
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; proficient in English (speaking and writing) and Chinese (both Mandarin and Cantonese)
- Previous experience of presenting AML analysis and recommendations for senior management/ AML business counterparts
- Organized and methodical with close attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills. Commitment to co-operative and collaborative working
- Strong team player, willing to learn and share experience with other team members
- Could work under stress; with the flexibility to work with changing priorities and deadlines
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES Please note that we do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Bank of Singapore.