Consultant - Database Administrator (DBA) - Oracle - Consulting - Hong Kong
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media. About Consulting
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises around 1,600 bilingual consulting talents located in eight cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Cheng Du, Chong Qing and Harbin. In global, we have over 44,000 professionals spreading in over 100 countries/locations. Deloitte Consulting is ranked No.1 in global consulting marketplace by revenue by Kennedy, a leading publisher of consulting marketplace analysis products. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company. Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best HR Consulting Firm".
Deloitte Consulting Technology Service Area aims to provide the end-to-end consulting services by helping clients in different industries to re-engineer the business process, design the enterprise level application system architecture and modules, implement the application systems, manage the changes of business along the whole process, and realize the digital transformation. Deloitte Technology Consulting team is the world-leading enterprise application consulting organization, and continuously ranked as "leader" in the enterprise application consulting market in China for years.
Oracle service line aims to provide professional services in ERP implementation, technology based business transformation and oracle cloud. Industries of comparative advantages includes tele communication, energy, manufacturing, construction and real estates.
Work you'll do:
- Provide day to day and project support for Oracle databases running Oracle Applications R12.
- Setting up Multi-tier Oracle Applications environment.
- Install patches, perform upgrades, configure, tune and maintain the Oracle 12 E Business Suite, 10g and 11g databases.
- Database migrations, including cloning databases from RAC to non-RAC, and cloning Oracle applications using Rapid Clone.
- Administering ASM (Automatic Storage Management).
- Backing up and recovering Oracle databases using RMAN (Recovery Manager).
- Run Unix shell scripting/SQL/PLSQL.
- Coordinate the activities related to running production / development / test / QA Application environments.
- Develop and implement solutions for database sizing/capacity, server requirements and space requirements.
- Design and implement load balancing of form server and database server or related components.
- Provide DBA support for custom application development efforts.
- Collaborate with system and network administrators.
- Install system enhancements and assist in hardware, software and data utilization analysis ensuring maximum efficiency and effective use.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience.
- Over 3 years of experience working with Oracle E-business Suites R12 installations and configurations and Oracle Database 9i/10g/11g installation, backup/recovery, tuning, monitoring, upgrade and support on multiple UNIX/Windows platforms.
- Over 2 years of experience in data architecture, logical and physical relational database modeling and design, metadata management, operational database.
- Over 2 years of recent experience with PL/SQL development with Oracle 10g or 11g. Must be able to manage schemas, create DDL (Data Definition Language), optimize and develop complex queries and execute deployments to various environments.
- Good analytical and technical skills
- Good written and verbal communications skills
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168772