Consulting - Financial Services - Financial Risk Management - Senior Consultant - Hong Kong
Financi al Services - Consulting - Financial Risk Management - Senior Consultant
Diversity is a core value at EY. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working environment for all of our people. We believe every member in our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
EY's Financial Services Office ("FSO") is a unique, industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services that leverage deep industry experience with strong functional capability and product knowledge. FSO practice provides integrated advisory services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers (traditional and alternative), insurance and energy trading companies, and the Corporate Treasury functions of leading Fortune 500 Companies. The service offerings provided by the FSO Advisory include: market, credit and operational risk management, regulatory advisory, quantitative advisory, structured finance transaction, actuarial advisory, technology enablement, risk and security, program advisory, and process & controls.
Within EY's FSO Advisory Practice, the Financial Services Risk Management ("FSRM") group provides solutions that help FSO clients to identify, measure, manage and monitor the market, credit, operational, and regulatory risks associated with their trading, asset-liability management, capital management and other capital markets activities. Job responsibilities
Qualifications: Main qualifications:
- Contribute to engagement team to integrate client's strategy, process, people, and technology
- Participate as a project team member in Consulting engagements for business transformation, finance, enterprise risk, liquidity risk, credit risk, operational risk and compliance risk
- Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating senior team members on progress
- Leverage data and technology to assist senior team members in providing innovative solutions to client's challenges
- Assist in preparing high quality work products for clients and other related parties in timely manner with up-to-date knowledge of relevant regulatory guidelines and market trends
- Anticipate and identify risks within engagements and raise any issues with senior members of the team
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
Additional qualifications (good to have):
- Have a bachelor's degree in the areas of Accounting/ Finance/ Management/ Business/ Risk Management from reputable university with excellent academic record. Master's degree will be an advantage. A master's degree holder in these fields is also invited to join. A professional certification (e.g. FRM / CFA/ CPA) will be a bonus
- Minimum 2 years of limited working experience (for Junior Consultant) and minimum 3 years of related experience (for Senior Consultant) preferably in Finance, Auditing or in the area of Risk Management/ Banking/ Business Process or in leading professional services firm
- Understanding on the principles of business management and capital market
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in English is a mandatory, both verbal and written
- Fluency in using key Microsoft Office
- Have high ability to work individually and collaboratively with others
- Have high ability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives within the specified deadline
- Highly motivated and a strong drive to learn including independent learning
- Ability to work across different disciplines, move into new challenges and develop a robust understanding of different industries
- Digitally aware (understand emerging technologies, e.g. RPA, AI, etc.)
- Familiar with data visualization tool (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, etc.)
- Familiar with programming language (e.g. Python, SQL, etc.)
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities, and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply now